New any suggestions?????

lowendfrequency said:
Realize that you've purchased a montane chameleon. They require low temperatures and high humidity. Remember that as it's the most important aspect of keeping montane species. You basking spot should never reach higher than 85 and your ambient should never be higher than 75. Jacksons prefer a considerable temperature drop at night, 60 degrees or lower would ideal... but a 10 degree difference would be the bare minimum. An ultrasonic humidifier would help keep the humidity up. These guys also have very high water requirements. 30 to 45 minutes of misting a day. Not dripping, but actual misting. That gets old real quick if your using a hand mister, so you may want to start looking at automated systems.

Like the other's said, ditch the waterfall and nightbulb. Get yourself some good supplements and get an all screen enclosure. The screen attachment will not work. Glass presents serious heat problems and chameleons stress easily if they can see their own reflection. It will also present drainage problems from all the misting.

thx for the info im like a sponge right now,....i would like to post some pics for you all..but how exactly do i post them on here i have them on my comp, but im not familiar with how to post them....

Jackson da chameleo said:
thx for the info im like a sponge right now,....i would like to post some pics for you all..but how exactly do i post them on here i have them on my comp, but im not familiar with how to post them....

Once you're logged in, click the icon at the top called 'Gallery'. Then click the 'upload' link. You can add photos to your personal album and then post them in this topic. :)

heres the setup i have right now, untill i can get or make myself a all screen cage

Newlizpics001.jpg

lowendfrequency said:
Don't worry, I've seen alot worse. Do you have any images of your chameleon? Also, what are you doing for gutload or feeders?

yeh lowend, im working on getting some photos, i can only upload my cell phon pics because my usb chord for my digital is missing....feeders???....well im feed little crickets about 2 in the morning and two in the afternoon, and everyother day im using rep-cal...is that what you meant???

romaine, iceberg don't matter jacksons' don't eat lettuce, i think they got confused at the pet store with veileds which may eat greens.
what type of uvb lighting? flourescent?
no night lites!
you also need to mix up the diet
hornworms
mealworms
waxworms
silkworms
roaches
etc!!!!

DrewNYC said:
romaine, iceberg don't matter jacksons' don't eat lettuce, i think they got confused at the pet store with veileds which may eat greens.
what type of uvb lighting? flourescent?
no night lites!
you also need to mix up the diet
hornworms
mealworms
waxworms
silkworms
roaches
etc!!!!

using the uvb i think its a 65 watt,umm not a long tube light but the little daylite bulbs i beleive its the right kind, the black thing i have on the cage has two screw in spots one on the left one on the right for the day and night bulb

Also, if i hook up a flouresent light that helps plants grow would that be ok? when i get my live plant in there???

Jackson da chameleo said:
using the uvb i think its a 65 watt,umm not a long tube light but the little daylite bulbs i beleive its the right kind, the black thing i have on the cage has two screw in spots one on the left one on the right for the day and night bulb

Also, if i hook up a flouresent light that helps plants grow would that be ok? when i get my live plant in there???

The UVB needs to be a floresent tube, You will not get the UVB from screw in Iradesent lights (SP). However, for the plants to grow like you are talking about the screw in Iradesent lights put out UVA that the plants like. Your cham needs UVB to help Absorb Viamine D3 and help process his food. You can only get this from UVB Floresent tubs, make sure it is a UVB bulb when you get it.

Frank

Frank Castle said:
The UVB needs to be a floresent tube, You will not get the UVB from screw in Iradesent lights (SP). However, for the plants to grow like you are talking about the screw in Iradesent lights put out UVA that the plants like. Your cham needs UVB to help Absorb Viamine D3 and help process his food. You can only get this from UVB Floresent tubs, make sure it is a UVB bulb when you get it.

Frank

woah what, do you have a picture???.....i have a uv a and uv b lights.....why wont the bulb work arent they flourescent as well, what if i put it in a housing like the heat lamp and aimed it fromt he side of the tank ...if you have pics to show what your talking about it would help:confused:

Lights like this one are useless for chameleons.
SCLRP434.jpg

Models like this with an additional florescent fixture should be used ONLY for the florescent bulb. Having the lightblubs sideways isn't really practical with chameleons, and the red/blue nightlight should not be used in almost all cases.
SCLRP460.jpg

Will Hayward said:
Lights like this one are useless for chameleons.
SCLRP434.jpg

Models like this with an additional florescent fixture should be used ONLY for the florescent bulb. Having the lightblubs sideways isn't really practical with chameleons, and the red/blue nightlight should not be used in almost all cases.
SCLRP460.jpg

if i put my daylight bulb in a housing like the heat lamp so that it faces straight down, will that be sufficient enough to hold me over untill i can buy that other fixture????...

Hopefully we dont steal tooo mcuh bandwidth...

Sorry I have no idea what you are talking about. You should only have two bulbs on your cage.

First: Basking Blub (For heat) with a dome
Place this near a corner
On ~10-12 hours a day
15522135.jpg
15522052.jpg

(Or similar Brand/model)

Second: FullSpectrum UVB light (Ideally Florescent Tube)
Should span the entire cage top if possible.
On ~12 during the day
reptilelamp18.jpg
NC22011C.jpg

(Or similar Brand/model)

Optional: UVA Plant Bulb (Only florescent tubes)

Will Hayward said:
Sorry I have no idea what you are talking about. You should only have two bulbs on your cage.

First: Basking Blub (For heat) with a dome
Place this near a corner
On ~10-12 hours a day
15522135.jpg
15522052.jpg

(Or similar Brand/model)

Second: FullSpectrum UVB light (Ideally Florescent Tube)
Should span the entire cage top if possible.
On ~12 during the day
reptilelamp18.jpg
NC22011C.jpg

(Or similar Brand/model)

Optional: UVA Plant Bulb (Only florescent tubes)

what im saying is since i have a bulb light right now can i put it in a metal dome like the heat light till i get a flourescent?

oh and can i get a full spectrum light at walmart because i have a tube light holder thing i just need the bulb?????????

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom