New addition to arrive tomorrow!

wickella

No idea how I am ever going to get to sleep tonight. :p
Soooo overwhelmed with excitement!
I'm getting a male from Kammerflage. His sire is Odo.
This will be my first chameleon, and I've researched them for awhile before taking it on. Though I will still bombard you all with questions I'm sure! :rolleyes:

So here's the first one! I bought the complete setup from Kammerflage as well. Where is a good location to pull the thermometer gauge and humidity gauge?

Hardest part right now is thinking of a name! I have two beardies named Isis and Anubis, so was thinking about sticking with the whole mythology theme.
Vishnu sounded pretty cool ;3

I will post pictures of the baby tomorrow! ;)

*Liz

Congratz Liz,

you must be very excited to recieve you new chameleon.:)

The temp probe is best placed on the branch/vine which the chameleon will stand on to bask. Usually directly underneath the basking lamp itself. Get your temperatures stable and accurate prior to his arrival.

I place the humidity probe directly in the center of the cage to give an overall reading. Besure it isnt getting constantly sprayed or dripped apon, as it will give a false reading.

Good luck and we all look forward to seeing pictures tomorrow!:)

-Jay

Liz,

Is your guage a single digital unit, or 2 seperate analog guages?

After re reading your op it seams to be the later. The analog guages are not very accurate and with heat sensitive babies accuracy is important.

can you post a picture of the set-up, to allow us to see what your working with? Making changes and alterations now will allow a smooth transition for the chameleon.

congrats on your new guy.
I know how you feel, I stayed up all night waiting for my first from Odo too.

just put the temp gague by his basking spot you need to make for him, and the humidity one in the center- upper half of the cage.
you whant to keep the humidity around 50%-65%

-----------------------------------

not to take anything away from Liddy's care sheets, but I do a few things differently...

1) while the temps on the caresheets say something like 89F-92F, I keep mine at 82F-86F. so that 75W bulb was too much and was replaced with a 40W bulb.

2) suplements: I feel that you should use mostly calcium w/o D3 for most feedings.
calcium w/D3, vitamins, miner-all, only twice a month each.

I only dust my crickets, so any worms I feed get no dusting, but are well gutloaded.

keep asking questions and welcome to the forums. :D
feel free to PM me anytime with any questions you may have as well.

Harry

Back
Top Bottom