Nervous...

vgaines

My son and I are going out of town on Wednesday for a few days and we have to take Rebel with us. I am very nervous... He does not like being held and hisses and lunges at me every time I try to take him out of his cage. I'm still not 100% sure how I am gonna get him out. Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and let him bite me. :eek: I'm going to put him in a large critter keeper and keep him covered for the trip. Upon arrival I will put him in a mesh pop up laundry hamper. Any suggestions on how to make this trip as stress free as possible not only for me but for Rebel as well?:confused:

I'm pretty sure he will be ok...although it will be kinda stressful on him, they take chams to reptile shows, which requires moving them. I would try wearing a glove to get him out so if he does try to bite, it wont hurt you. :)

I'm pretty sure he will be ok...although it will be kinda stressful on him, they take chams to reptile shows, which requires moving them. I would try wearing a glove to get him out so if he does try to bite, it wont hurt you. :)

Thank you. I purchased him in my hometown during spring break and he did fine in the large critter keeper. Ate and drank the day I got him and shed the following day. He has never stopped eating or drinking so I hope he is the same during this trip....
:D

You might do better keeping him in a cardboard box with a towel in the bottom he can hold onto. Once the box is closed up and he is in the dark he will tuck in his tail and go to sleep. That's how i transport my adult panthers to shows or vet visits. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom