Neonate T. jacksonii merumontanus

merumontanus

Avid Member
The following clutch of Mt. Meru Jackson's chameleons (Trioceros jacksonii merumontanus) was born almost four weeks ago, and appear to be thriving. We still have a few weeks to go before I can call this a successful endeavor, but I felt compelled to snap some photos today to show their progress.

Here is a little male already showing lots of yellow...

4086690932_8ac3833a7a.jpg

4085935979_c8814fbe22.jpg

4086692152_b0c9aa45f9.jpg

4086689420_0e6b5e68c7.jpg

4086687960_7dd28841ee.jpg

4086687038_cfd8441e67.jpg

4085934483_883733a8ea.jpg

Cheers,

Fabián

© All Rights Reserved

Glad you like them as much as I do. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction, and we can some day get to see multiple, real, filial generations of merumontanus. In the meantime, I will probably keep any and all animals that make it past the "critical point", unless there are too many males, of course.

I have two long-term females that should be ready for their first encounter with one of two adult, long-term, males; as well as two other females who may have retained sperm and could deliver more offspring in the future. But before I get ahead of myself, you'll be seeing lots of photos from this small group.

Cheers,

Fabián

those are freakin sweet! i like jacksons. im sad to say but am trading mine for ambilobe... :(
but...
its an ambilobe:D

Your photography skills are improving. :p
Seriously though, you are doing excellent work with the merumontanus and all the Jacksons species.

Fabián, this is the best news I ever seen on this forum. Congratulation!
I have a few questions: how many was born, how many survive first day and when did they eat first time?

Your photography skills are improving. :p

With a mentor like you, how could one not? :)

I have a few questions: how many was born, how many survive first day and when did they eat first time?

Hey Martin. There were 6 huge neonates, all of which are alive, active and eating well. They began feeding the very next day on flightless Drosophila melanogaster, and on pin-head crickets the same week, which are almost always present on a small feeding container hanging close to their basking area. The crickets have become their staple diet now, and I only use Drosophila (both species) on occasions for enrichment.

Cheers,

Fabián

Congratulations Fabian. Perhaps some day I can get T jacksonii to breed, if I ever get a male. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom