Needing some info!

My q on her setup..I THINK there is a tank lid off at the bottom but she uses a clamp so she doesnt keep it on..and the plants seem to reach the top of the tank..cant he get out?

Check him out!;)
attachment.php

And one more?
attachment.php

Attachments

• Smile!0001.jpg
    Smile!0001.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 206
  • Refreshed0001.jpg
    Refreshed0001.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 197
Oh that is really interesting and good to know! Do you use any sort of heating tool on them to provide a gradient? An undertank heater or far away clip lamp?

Steady house temp of 72-74 works great! Living in Florida is perfect for things like this. :p

Steady house temp of 72-74 works great! Living in Florida is perfect for things like this. :p

I figured- it would be cool to get a bunch of successful pyg owners together and compare notes. There isn't much info about them around and what is around isn't backed up by personal experience.

I kept my little pyg in a planted ten gallon with no extra lights and he did great but passed away from unknown causes at about 11 months of age. He was my second cham and I wasn't active on the forums yet so I didn't really know what I was doing. I had him for 8 months though and he was a great little guy.

Here are the only photos of little Tanzania that I have:

as a baby on fingertip:
chameeron.jpg

as an adult:
tanz.jpg

Titan: Beautiful.. And Yes, He is sending me on when they are ready for my husband who has always wanted one..But the ones we see around here are sickly so we just havent gotten one..But Titan is really cool and awesomely priced so we are expecting parents again! LOL

Kenya, that you for the pics, they are really neat...!

The girl got offended which I expected. She didnt go off on me just called me a Liar. Says she has been breeding them for 2 years and selling to a huge petshop in Nashville and never had any issues. Also claims to have a blue panther which I hope is living better than that pygmy is.. Okay so here is the thing..She told me as you can see, he is only 2 months old.. in her as she states she has the dad and 4 babies. When I inquired about the babies she said they arent hatched yet but the dad is avail..being this 2 month old one.. IS THAT POSSIBLE?

No-They do come into breeding age around 5-6 months, but if the little guy is 2 months old he would have had to have done the deed as a hatchling! :) She sounds a bit crazy-it takes alot of adult pygmies (Brevs) to produce little pygmies since they lay 2-4 eggs at a time. They do hatch in 60 days-but they just don't live all that long. Steer clear of this crazy woman.

LOL-Imagine this little guy trying to pick up on the ladies!
DSCN1633.jpg

Last edited:
More info from her.. Not sure why she keeps emailing me if I said I wasnt interested..Maybe persuasion?

i have 2 books on these little guys the books say that yes they can use the uvb but it is not nessasery the uvb bulb wich i found out the hard way kills off the plants so i now use plant bulbs it not only supplies them with enough heat but it also keeps my plantlife in there alive .The substrate should be a dampened layer of peat moss with orchid, repti-bark or cypress bark added to the surface to hold moisture. The pieces of bark in the top layer should be large enough to prevent ingestion when the lizard is feeding. These lizards need high humidity without excessive dampness. no i said i have a dad and 3 babbies and no hes not hes from the last litter. my dad and the babbies are in another tank the eggs have to be incubated after they are layed.
Here is her ad, WHICH she now changed. DWARF LEAF CHAMELEON
seller info
ashelie's stuff
from clarksville
view profile

view all seller items
send item to a friend

Categories:
# Pets

What is this?

these little sweet hearts are one of a kind they only grow to about 3 inches no bigger they come from madagascar. i have a male and 3 babies on the way. he comes with a fully set up inviroment the onlything you would have to do is buy the food he eats half inch crickets or wingless fruit flies 4 of them a week. they are very interaesting animals
Price: 100.00

Is her info at least correct?

I wish I had a copy of the orig because she stated "I have the dad and 4 babies" to which I responded: Im VERY interested in these. I have a Panther Cham whom I adore and have wanted pygmy's. WHat does the setup include and is it just him? Are you selling the babies? Thanks so much!
Amanda

Apparently she isnt PCSing either, shes just a 'breeder'.

Notice she doesn't have the Mom-the females seem to have shorter lives than the males-typical. A 10 gallon tank is $8.99 at Petsmart, her whole setup used is worth like $10-$15 tops, and since you have no idea how old the Dad really is, it is just not worth it. I sell CH/CB babies for $25 when I have them. Mine eat everyday since the current batch I have is 7 months old. They eat FF and pins-but 4 seems a little light.

She sent me supposed pics which are way to small to even get any detail..But they are like 15xs the quality of the first batch so Im thinking they are NOT hers.. and the pic she sent me of the supposed male is 3-4 shefflera plant leaves long (thats what he is standing on), which seems to me, to be full grown? What age are they fullgrown? She told me he was an inch to 1.5 inches as you can see in her statement I posted earlier.. I would think each sheff leaf ranges ABOUT 1 inch? his tail hits the 4th leaf...

She asked me what is wrong with her setup and this is exactly how the book said to have it.. I just coped and pasted all your guys comments (without ID of course) and told her those are experts and thats what they say. I got taken for a ride with a sick cham before, wont happen again...and wished her luck.

The latest reply

Seriously, is she trying to prove something by emailing me after I said No?
i orig.had the low spec. light in there but it was killing the plants off and i had to replace them several times befor i figured that out u r more than welcome to come see him for ur self he is not male nurished and i,m not flipping them eather i am the biggest animal lover there is. and i have reported several people for neglecting there animals,the light was 7.00 the bulb was 5.00 i paid 200.00 formy breading pair in louisiana shit is more expensive down there the tank was 15.00 the reptile dirt was15.99 a block 10.00 a piece for the palm the bush was 10.00 and the tropical plnt was 15.00 i bought all the plants from aquatic critters as well as the lamp and dirt and the lid for the tank was 16.99 from l.l pet world so i think 80.00 is a fair price my hubbie about klled me when i told him i was letting him go for that price. and hes not a bearded eather they are more scaly than him. they live 3-5 yearsi guess if u count the 60 days it took for him to hatch then hes 4 months old but he hatched on the 27th of dec.

Oh wow-tell her she got ripped off. On her supplies and her chams. You never count the time they are in the egg in their age-that is laughable! :) It certainly looks like a Brev to me-did she send you more pics? WC Brevs are $15 just about anywhere.

I just told her I was going to takethe advice of those who know the species and pass and said hope you find great homes..to which she replied "OH I WILL" so maybe she will leave me alone now...

Maybe not....

ashelie hunter
to me

show details 8:05 AM (8 minutes ago)

hey can u do me a fav. and ask who ever that was what exactly is wrong with the set up ? cause i've read allot of stuff on them and so far i cant find anything that i'm not doing right

I don't think her setup is terrible-I did notice a green fertilizer ball in the pic-that is dangerous. There definitely needs to be some more plant cover, and it looks a little dry. The pyg looks a bit thin and dehydrated, but it is only one picture.

This is my Pigmy setup, now this is how A group of these should be treated!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:):)

Attachments

• IMG_0001_2.jpg
    IMG_0001_2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 174
  • Pigmy Paradise0001.jpg
    Pigmy Paradise0001.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0001.jpg