Need help with my chameleon

RicoTheCham

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon. Veiled chameleon. Male. Around 7-8 months old. In my care for 2 months
    • How often do you handle- Once a month
    • Feeding - I’m feeding crickets dusted with calcium and vitamin A and don’t gut load
    • Supplements - both made by reptibreeze
    • Watering - I water 3 times day with a hand held sprayer. When he wakes up middle of day when he sleeps. I see him drink
    • Fecal Description - white tip and brown body. Never been tested for parasites
    • History - nope
    • Cage Info:
    • Cage Type - all mesh 16x14x16
    • Lighting - full sized reptibreeze t5 10.0 starts at 8 am to 8 pm
    • Temperature - basking spot 80-85 around cage 70. Floor 60. at night it is 65. Use digital thermometer
    • Humidity - humidity is 80-85 and I use a humidifiers
    • Plants - nope
    • Placement not near any fans and is in the middle of the wall/floor
    • Location - georgia
    • Current Problems
    - The current problem you are concerned about.
  • My chameleon was fine up untill 2 weeks ago when I woke up and he didn’t open his eyes. I went to school and he still hasn’t opened them he barley moved from the spot where I last seen him I mist him with water to check if he’s a live and he moves. Please help i don’t wanna lose him

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 70
We need more details about the supplements.…can you post a photo of the containers please…front and ingredients list.
Your chameleons should only get vitamin A twice a month and it should be a prEformed source. Your chameleon should get the other vitamins including D3 twice a month too. On the other days/feedings he should get just calcium on the insects.

Gutloading/feeding the insects a proper diet is important. You want to feed the insects well so you have healthy insects to feed to your chameleon. Sweet red peppers, kale, collards, sweet potato, dandelion greens, a small amountbof apple, pear, melon, etc can be used to feed/gutload the crickets, roaches, locusts, super worms, etc.

Real, well washed non toxic plants, washed both sides of the leaves, are important since chameleons can sometimes try to eat and (succeed at eating) fake plants. It can cause impaction and death.

Regarding the UVB light, the Arcadia 6% and the reptisun 5.0 long linear tube lights are the most often recommended.

I’d like to see the photo of the cage to see where you have placed the branches regarding the lights. What light bulb do you use for basking…please be specific?

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon. Veiled chameleon. Male. Around 7-8 months old. In my care for 2 months
    • How often do you handle- Once a month
    • Feeding - I’m feeding crickets dusted with calcium and vitamin A and don’t gut load
    • Supplements - both made by reptibreeze
    • Watering - I water 3 times day with a hand held sprayer. When he wakes up middle of day when he sleeps. I see him drink
    • Fecal Description - white tip and brown body. Never been tested for parasites
    • History - nope
    • Cage Info:
    • Cage Type - all mesh 16x14x16
    • Lighting - full sized reptibreeze t5 10.0 starts at 8 am to 8 pm
    • Temperature - basking spot 80-85 around cage 70. Floor 60. at night it is 65. Use digital thermometer
    • Humidity - humidity is 80-85 and I use a humidifiers
    • Plants - nope
    • Placement not near any fans and is in the middle of the wall/floor
    • Location - georgia
    • Current Problems
    - The current problem you are concerned about.
  • My chameleon was fine up untill 2 weeks ago when I woke up and he didn’t open his eyes. I went to school and he still hasn’t opened them he barley moved from the spot where I last seen him I mist him with water to check if he’s a live and he moves. Please help i don’t wanna lose him
He definitely looks very unwell. A vet visit will be necessary. These are signs of a very sick chameleon and it seems his losing grip strength and becoming weaker judging by the photos. There’s a lot to be improved upon in terms of your husbandry but he needs a vet visit asap before we delve into that. He’ll also need a significantly bigger cage 2ftx2ftx4ft. As @kinyonga said, please post photos of your supplements.

Back
Top Bottom