Need help with mistking!!

EarlMT

I let me mistking run dry for the day (thought there was enough water in it to last) and now it won't mist!! Just makes a sound like the pump is running but no water comes out. Is there a way to fix it? Or did I fry the pump??
Thanks!!

Did you read the manual? I believe there is a way to prime the pump. (I didn't read the manual so it was a honest question, not sarcastic.)

Try the method in the manual then try mine. (It may be the same for all I know)

When my pump runs dry (It has 2-3 times so far) it does the same thing. Here's what I do: (Caution there will be water, do it over a bucket or something)
  • Make sure your pump is BELOW the water source.
  • Unplug the output from the pump
  • Manually start the pump
  • When the water starts to come out, reattach the removed line
  • Manually run the pump for several seconds. The water comes out sparse at first but after 5-15 second its full blast gain.
I believe it sucked in air and is having a hard time priming with an air bubble or vacuum. Be sure your water source is higher than the pump.
Good luck.

Did you read the manual? I believe there is a way to prime the pump. (I didn't read the manual so it was a honest question, not sarcastic.)

Try the method in the manual then try mine. (It may be the same for all I know)

When my pump runs dry (It has 2-3 times so far) it does the same thing. Here's what I do: (Caution there will be water, do it over a bucket or something)
  • Make sure your pump is BELOW the water source.
  • Unplug the output from the pump
  • Manually start the pump
  • When the water starts to come out, reattach the removed line
  • Manually run the pump for several seconds. The water comes out sparse at first but after 5-15 second its full blast gain.
I believe it sucked in air and is having a hard time priming with an air bubble or vacuum. Be sure your water source is higher than the pump.
Good luck.
Thank you so much!!!! It is working "prime" again!! I appreciate it!!

Back
Top Bottom