Need help convincing my parents

Pearl Fields

Avid Member
Hi. So we’re moving ( so I’m not getting one atm also shipping is risky)but eventually, (sometime in the next seven years FYI ?) I want a bearded Pygmy chameleon and my mom says MAYBE. But for all other chameleons she says no. How do I get my parents to let me get a bearded Pygmy chameleon and if possible maybe even another?? I need help here

Hi. So we’re moving ( so I’m not getting one atm also shipping is risky)but eventually, (sometime in the next seven years FYI ?) I want a bearded Pygmy chameleon and my mom says MAYBE. But for all other chameleons she says no. How do I get my parents to let me get a bearded Pygmy chameleon and if possible maybe even another?? I need help here
does anybody know anybody who has pygmies? I think their care is much different than most

Approximately how old will you be in 7 years? Like old enough to get a job and move out? :)

Also they'd have to eat tiny little bugs which IMO would be very annoying trying to get little bugs out of containers without killing them lol.

read through this are you sure you want a pygmy? there care looks very hard. You need a low level uvb, high humidity and VERY low temps. Anything above 80 will kill them which sounds very easy to go above 80

https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/pygmy/#:~:text=Pygmy chameleons require levels around,Water & Humidity for more information.
Well yeah it’s not that hard I’m in Seattle. It’s most certainly not dry, I can keep the Pygmy chameleon in an exo terra to retain moisture with ventilation still and can achieve very low temps

Also they'd have to eat tiny little bugs which IMO would be very annoying trying to get little bugs out of containers without killing them lol.
And yes but if I made it bio active and fed MAINLY fruit flies I don’t think they bite so I can leave them. Crickets and other variety (and even the fruit flies if needed) I can put in a dish for the chameleon so they won’t bite it at night

Also how would you manage to lower the temps and not kill it by overheating it? I live in a cold climate and just my grow light and uvb give enough heat to get to 80.

Also with a smaller cage (and glass) it would get too hot quickly.

Also how would you manage to lower the temps and not kill it by overheating it? I live in a cold climate and just my grow light and uvb give enough heat to get to 80.

Well it could be in the shade not the sun and on the lowest level of the house where it’s most humid and least warm

I would think though that if there are places lower where temp in cage is like 60’s that the Pygmy chameleon could escape to it would be ok?? Also I could use a SLIGHTLY stronger uvb and suspend it a little so less heat gets in the cage

again, i'm not sure about the uvb output because I don't have pygmies, but i'm sure petr will tell you more. Also I think recommended is 5 gallon aquariums that are wider than tall because pygmies rarely climb.... so would a 24x18x24 be unnecessary? pete will tell you more:)

I would think though that if there are places lower where temp in cage is like 60’s that the Pygmy chameleon could escape to it would be ok?? Also I could use a SLIGHTLY stronger uvb and suspend it a little so less heat gets in the cage
Though tbh that would probably need a solar meter which I am aiming to get soon. Don’t have one atm. WAY expensive for me right now.

Back
Top Bottom