Need help convincing my parents

again, i'm not sure about the uvb output because I don't have pygmies, but i'm sure petr will tell you more. Also I think recommended is 5 gallon aquariums that are wider than tall because pygmies rarely climb.... so would a 24x18x24 be unnecessary? pete will tell you more:)
I feel like a 24 by 18 by 24 would be good for 2 or 3 Pygmys. I wanted it two feet high though because then they can have a little more of a gradient of temp and humidity and can climb a little if they want.

Hi. So we’re moving ( so I’m not getting one atm also shipping is risky)but eventually, (sometime in the next seven years FYI ?) I want a bearded Pygmy chameleon and my mom says MAYBE. But for all other chameleons she says no. How do I get my parents to let me get a bearded Pygmy chameleon and if possible maybe even another?? I need help here
Show them how much you want one by maybe making an essay on them! I've made two 8 page essays and I'm getting one in a few months!

I'm sure @PetNcs can give more info on pygmy care

I am sorry
The debate is pointless
I will not support giving such animals as R.brevicaudatus to a 12yo, is simoly dors not belong to so young jamds even wirhiut oarents support
They are not available anyway
Buy my book on stuˇptails on Amazon and study
It is NOT a good idea to get all info from a forum,
Especially when prople
Do nor have physical experience with it

I am sorry
The debate is pointless
I will not support giving such animals as R.brevicaudatus to a 12yo, is simoly dors not belong to so young jamds even wirhiut oarents support
Especially when prople
I know, I would not get all info from chameleon forums and I would not get them now Or soon anyways. Because of multiple reasons.

I am sorry
The debate is pointless
Especially when prople
I am 13, and I have 3 chameleons. I also want a t. Hoehnelii. I cannot speak for pearl feilds, I have no idea how supportive his parents are about chameleons.

In my personal case, my parents are extremely supportive about me and chams and I sit them down every morning and tell them what to do specifically before I go to school. They know that I know more than them about chameleons and they actually think that they are really cool and pretty and great pets.

But again I think pygmies are very hard to care for and wouldn’t recommend them except if your parents would be open to extensive research and sit-downs.
Also pygmies seem very easy to kill

I'm curious, what has you set on pygmies? Is it size, the fact that they can be housed together, or do you just want to try another species now that you've caught the chameleon bug? You might look into morning geckos if you're super set on a new pet that does well in colonies, plus they're also parthenogenic and seem to have a greater range of color display than a lot of pygmy Cham species

? 16 pages!!! The problem is I already have a veiled and I think they might be afraid once I get another one then I’ll want a bazillion more
Since there's no period at the end of that sentence, should we infer that they're probably correct, and there won't be an end to your herp habit either? :LOL:
(If it isn't obvious, I'm messin' with ya. ;))

I am 13, and I have 3 chameleons. I also want a t. Hoehnelii. I cannot speak for pearl feilds, I have no idea how supportive his parents are about chameleons.

In my personal case, my parents are extremely supportive about me and chams and I sit them down every morning and tell them what to do specifically before I go to school. They know that I know more than them about chameleons and they actually think that they are really cool and pretty and great pets.

I think your passion for chameleon care is inspiring and I'm glad your parents are supporting you (and that you stuck with it to convince them it'd be worth it!). And just FYI, looks like @Pearl Fields indicated in her profile that she's a she.

I'm curious, what has you set on pygmies? Is it size, the fact that they can be housed together, or do you just want to try another species now that you've caught the chameleon bug? You might look into morning geckos if you're super set on a new pet that does well in colonies, plus they're also parthenogenic and seem to have a greater range of color display than a lot of pygmy Cham species
I just really love how they look like a little leaf. And the blue mouth is awesome as well. Although the small size is pretty neat too. Not because they can be housed together really but that is kind of nice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom