Need Elephant Eared Chameleon Info

FVcham

Hello Forum Experts!

I came across an Elephant Eared Chameleon who is in need of a new home. He is about 3 years old. I am considering taking him in. Currently, I have 2 panthers and 2 veiled. I follow chameleon academy husbandry guidelines. I will check on husbandry guidelines here for this species but I am hoping that someone here can quickly share with me the main differences in husbandry for this species versus the species I have. I know their humidity levels need to be higher. Night fogging? Feed and supplement differences? Temp differences? Also average life expectancy? (since he is already 3).
Most importantly, I am going to attach a picture. Can someone let me know if looks like he might be unhealthy? I know pics are not the best way to determine this but I would just like to know if anything stands out about his appearance.

Attachments

• elephant eared chameleon.jpg
    elephant eared chameleon.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 168
I do not know anyone in the forum that keeps these guys... If you have FB join Bill Strand's FB group called The Chameleon Enthusiasts. I have seen people in his group that have them.

I do not know anyone in the forum that keeps these guys... If you have FB join Bill Strand's FB group called The Chameleon Enthusiasts. I have seen people in his group that have them.
Thanks Beman!! Someone else already took him during the time I was trying to research. Hopefully they take great care of him!

Could you post more pictures of your Elephant Eared Chameleon? From that picture that chameleon looks to be another type of Calumma species. The occipital lobes are wrong for that species to be Calumma brevicorne.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Could you post more pictures of your Elephant Eared Chameleon? From that picture that chameleon looks to be another type of Calumma species. The occipital lobes are wrong for that species to be Calumma brevicorne.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
Someone else already took him during the time I was trying to research. Hopefully they take great care of him!

The chameleon in the picture looks as though the Calumma species is from the Parsonii group and not an Elephant Eared Chameleon. I want to say that chameleon could possibly be a brown not looking his best under the radar import of Calumma globifer or possibly Calumma ambreense. I think that is a Calumma globifer. Some of the scaling sees off though.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

More pictures if you can post them.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
Hi! Thank you so much for your input. I only had the one picture as I went home to do research on them. Unfortunately, someone else already took him during the time I was trying to research. (Less than a day). Hopefully they take great care of him! I appreciate your help and input though!! Thank you!!

Second look I think that is a Calumma brevicorne. The occipital lobes are just really difficult to spot in this above first picture. Sorry about any confusion.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom