NEED ASSISTANCE/ADVICE - VERY UPSET

WHY IS SO FREAKIN QUITE IN HERE???
DID EVERYONE ALL GOT POISON WITH "Hershey's cockroach-milk ":rolleyes:
Screenshot_2019-03-23-21-03-16-1.png

I'm sorry to hear about this. I know I'm late to the post. Haha.

I have heard about people having issues with the cricket poo/dust but of course that doesn't mean you are not allergic to the supplements because I have heard of stranger allergies. Haha.

I think if you cut them out like the others have said we could probably get you a support group of feeders to supply you. Seems like more people here are starting to breed silkies and if I can get mine stable Im willing to help. I am also looking into breeding supers and grasshoppers. I would love to dump any roaches since my chams don't eat them anyway.

I'm sorry to hear about this. I know I'm late to the post. Haha.

I have heard about people having issues with the cricket poo/dust but of course that doesn't mean you are not allergic to the supplements because I have heard of stranger allergies. Haha.

I think if you cut them out like the others have said we could probably get you a support group of feeders to supply you. Seems like more people here are starting to breed silkies and if I can get mine stable Im willing to help. I am also looking into breeding supers and grasshoppers. I would love to dump any roaches since my chams don't eat them anyway.
I agree! Between all the caring people here we should be able to get you started on all the feeder colonies you will need!

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your allergies and that you are so sick! I have kidney problems and have to follow a very strict diet or I get really ill so I understand how awful it is to be so sick.

I know how much you love your little Angus, and hopefully you'll be able to try some of everyone's suggestions. But if not, if you're just too sick and you're sure it's the supplements or feeders, then do what you need to to be healthy again. I'm sure you'll find Angus a good home if need be. Your health is most important, it's terrible to be so sick.

Take care!
Yes - well so I went out bought some latex free vinyl gloves and allergen masks and have been doing that since last night - of course it will be several days before I see s difference if it helps but I do feel a little better today so I am praying very hard that this will help —- and today Angus did something amazing - after finally getting him to come out as he is going through a stubborn stage - I took him completely away from his cage and we sat and watched tv after he was climbing and climbing and climbing from hand to hand - then he just stopped and sat down and got comfortable on my hand relaxed and then showed me ALL new colors - and a color I was not expecting to see - he is turning out to be quite special in his colors and markings - take a look -

Attachments

• 3A76B746-34B4-4E70-8176-DBE1094F1269.jpeg
    3A76B746-34B4-4E70-8176-DBE1094F1269.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 8BBCC3B9-F4B0-4135-90B9-3D670DD7FA82.jpeg
    8BBCC3B9-F4B0-4135-90B9-3D670DD7FA82.jpeg
    213.5 KB · Views: 73
  • D2EB9D8B-DF88-4121-A804-84924ECF2D73.jpeg
    D2EB9D8B-DF88-4121-A804-84924ECF2D73.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 77
  • BC4BC138-B159-4B28-A0F4-BABA8971A840.jpeg
    BC4BC138-B159-4B28-A0F4-BABA8971A840.jpeg
    276.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 9839143E-0842-42B7-BB81-C9A5C3C7B065.jpeg
    9839143E-0842-42B7-BB81-C9A5C3C7B065.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 78
  • F6CCA71A-706E-4277-9825-BB693680676D.jpeg
    F6CCA71A-706E-4277-9825-BB693680676D.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 7ED84A17-52FD-42DE-A4E1-640DC924BFCD.jpeg
    7ED84A17-52FD-42DE-A4E1-640DC924BFCD.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 90
I second red runners. They are cleaner than crickets and easy to breed. Only adult males fly, they can only jump and flutter for a short distance for maybe 2 metres. They move faster than crickets.

I seldom use crickets anymore. I feed my 5 month cham red runners, bsfl, small superworms and dubia. He is getting tired of dubia though. I'm gonna get silkworms and grasshoppers for him to try.

I second red runners. They are cleaner than crickets and easy to breed. Only adult males fly, they can only jump and flutter for a short distance for maybe 2 metres. They move faster than crickets.

I seldom use crickets anymore. I feed my 5 month cham red runners, bsfl, small superworms and dubia. He is getting tired of dubia though. I'm gonna get silkworms and grasshoppers for him to try.
Thats what I said....crickets poops....no thank u...Red runner.....Beep Beep(y).

Yes, appropriate protective equipment has been suggested. Allergies are no joke & we are trying to help her keep her beloved cham.
Screenshot_2019-03-24-14-29-51-1.png

Really...if all else fails..hire some helper to do the work.
Or give that chameleon to someone who is knowledgeable n kind heart to except the caring duty...no sense to drag on if all else fails,sometimes u really need to part away the relationship if it doesnt work out n I totally understand.

Last edited:
Thank you all for everything and all the suggestions - I definitely do not want to part with my little purple blue buddy - I feel a lot better today which is the good news - I’ve been using the protective gear and even used it to wet vac the water up today . Will keep doing that and see how I am in a week - I am so grateful to all of you for all your suggestions and willingness to help me. Means a lot you guys.

Thank you all for everything and all the suggestions - I definitely do not want to part with my little purple blue buddy - I feel a lot better today which is the good news - I’ve been using the protective gear and even used it to wet vac the water up today . Will keep doing that and see how I am in a week - I am so grateful to all of you for all your suggestions and willingness to help me. Means a lot you guys.
I can tell by those pictures how much love u put into ur baby and I totally understand how much constant battle u facing everyday I sincerely hope everything will work out on your end,keep us posted and I wish u well.

FYI -- Doing better on allergies. Still trying to get over bronchitis as well, but getting better. I have been doing masks and gloves and maybe that is helping then as I keep getting better. and ANGUS is doing better and better as well, he is 13" long now, 6 mths old. He is so sweet. He is not flinching at me when I get into his habitat or try to run away (at least not all the time) and on occasion, he lets me scratch under his chin and he doesn't move when I do it, so all good on building trust. And he just keeps getting more and more handsome. Look at the sexy colors today!
Angus 6 months old sexy colors.jpg
I love my cooool little mini dragon.

FYI -- Doing better on allergies. Still trying to get over bronchitis as well, but getting better. I have been doing masks and gloves and maybe that is helping then as I keep getting better. and ANGUS is doing better and better as well, he is 13" long now, 6 mths old. He is so sweet. He is not flinching at me when I get into his habitat or try to run away (at least not all the time) and on occasion, he lets me scratch under his chin and he doesn't move when I do it, so all good on building trust. And he just keeps getting more and more handsome. Look at the sexy colors today!
View attachment 228205I love my cooool little mini dragon.

Awesome. Glad you are doing better. Hopefully the gloves and mask continue to do there job so you can keep enjoying you beautiful Cham.

Just a thought I’m not sure if they would have it for bug allergies but you may want to ask your doctor about immunology (allergies shots) it takes a while and a lot of shots but it can greatly reduce allergy symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom