need an opinion from an experienced owner or vet

Hey guys,
I need some advice!
I have a 6 month veiled cham. His name is Rango and he is a cutie! We haven't had any problems with him at all. However, he's been acting really weird lately. He's been shedding A LOT! He shaded like 3 times within the last 2 weeks and today he started shedding again. Moreover, usually he eats around 10ish crickets per day and he gets excited every morning and its two or three within seconds of putting them into his terrarium. And now, for the past week he doesn't seem excited about food at all and he barely eats 2-3 crickets..usually more towards the end of the day. I am starting to get really worried especially because the calcium on the crickets gets off after a few hours of them being in the terrarium so what should we do?
Is that normal for a cham around his age? Or what can be wrong? Any opinions form experienced cham owners or vets?
Thank you :)

Could be because he is shedding again . Sometimes they don't eat as much when the are shedding or around shedding. If you could follow this link (ask for help form) we could get more insight on what is going on and others with more experience will probably chime in and help . Copy and paste questions and answer . :)

https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

Is all you are feeding is crickets? Often times they get bored with the same old food everyday. Are you 100% sure you have a male??

Update: the vet said that he is just walking around his territory and is a bit stressed because I also just got a puppy a few weeks ago!

Back
Top Bottom