NE Snow Storm '07

Geckoxp

Established Member
For all of you who do not live up here in the northeast...first of all LUCKY YOU!!

If anyone is stuck up here here has no idea what to do or what we do...just do what my dog Kipper does and sleep it off! Right now the first half is almost over and just awaiting the wrap around snow for another foot...so far about 6-10 is on the ground with another 8-12 to go! Enjoy!

Last edited:
Kipper is cute! I live in San Diego, but all my family is on the east coast. Lukily, Pablo gets to stay in the temperate climate. As for my husband and I, we are flying to Iowa to visit my in-laws and then driving to Rochester, NY to visit my family. I hope it gets better so we won't have trouble driving!

It looks cold there and I have become a wimp, but I am looking forward to a white christmas!

Happy Holidays!! :)

On my way over to the grocery store earlier today, I saw two guys digging their car out of the snowbank with hockey sticks! No shovels, hockey sticks. That's sssoooo typically Canadian it's not funny! :D

Sadly, by the time I got back with my camera to immortalize that scene, they were successful in their quest and were driving off. Even more Canadiana!

I'm thinking it might be a little cold to put my chams outside today eh?

DSC_001020071216.jpg

DSC_001920071216.jpg

DSC_001720071216.jpg

That accumulation has happened in only the last 12 hours or so and it's STILL falling. UGH.

Cheers!
t

So the drifting has started. We now have about 12" in the lowest areas and more than 24" in higher areas.

Great photos Trace. Hockey sticks Eh?

We haven't had snow like that in Baltimore yet this year. I have really decided that I hate snow.It's pretty and all but I need to move to So Cal or something.... All you guys who got snowed in, do you breed your own bugs or do you have to search for a store that is open to buy them if you run out?

the grass is always greener

Um don't move here (kalifornia) thinking that you're going to get ahead or anything
the cost of living is a lot higher and work much more competitive.

Use this site to compare how you're living at your current payscale
then see how far that doesn't go in San Diego California.
http://swz.salary.com/CostOfLivingWizard/layouthtmls/coll_statebrief_C.html

Then try to factor in that the california market is MUCH MORE competitive than in other states.
Simply scoring a decent job on par with what most people leave behind can't be expected.
I've seen many people with talent and skills pouring out their ears unable to score a job.
Ending up being forced to move back home with their tail between their legs,
having lost their savings -isn't fun.

Word of warning: Don't try moving out here unless you're already top of your game at home
that bar is set quite a bit higher here.

I'm mostly kidding. I could never afford to live there... I was mostly just stating my "fed-upness" with cold weather and freakin' freezing rain and snow. I was born in the wrong state. But I suppose every place has it's positive sides.

For instance, I could find a job tomorrow if I really wanted to. There are lots of opportunities here. It just kinda sux.

And yes, I made up my own word.:D I quite like it.

I do not know the official totals around here but from my "unofficial" totals I have 23in sitting in my backyard right now with another 5-10 overnight tonight...not the best picture above as in no way am I going to venture outside at all.....plus with all the people in town for that Hannah Montana concert that went out in Rochester there was NO WAY I was going outside...freakin people are nuts!

plus with all the people in town for that Hannah Montana concert that went out in Rochester there was NO WAY I was going outside...freakin people are nuts!

I'm at a complete loss... Who actually pay's money for anything like that?
What's more, they actually drive from out of town to attend.

it snowed two day ago in chicago and i ended up getting 18-27 inches in different places of my yard. and yes i do like snow and i did go out and play in it. playing in it consists of doing the stoops, and insulating the two stoops that my stray cat lives under so there is no wind blowing in there. then i went for a walk with my girlfriend to look at the pretty trees covered with snow. what i dont get is the people in chicago drive like its the first time it snowed... ever. they either dive 15 over or 15 under. its fun to watch the yuppies who drive 15 over crash into the curb... and i see that a lot. alls i say is take that!

I live in Northern Illinois by Chicago and we have been getting lots of snow to! And lots of ice. I HATE THE WINTER!!!!!:mad:

Back
Top Bottom