National geographic looking for crested chameleon

Hello! My name is Sarah and I'm an associate producer working with National Geographic on a film about dinosaurs. We are looking for a crested chameleon, Chamaeleo cristatus, to be in our film shoot in Chicago the week of January 6th. I'm wondering if anyone has a male specimen that we could rent for a few days to be on film? We just need one to be walking around a lab at the university of Chicago to film. Happy to answer any questions. Thanks so much and I look forward to seeing you soon!

Please email me at [email protected] if you have a crested and can come hang on set for a day. Thanks so much!!

Hello! My name is Sarah and I'm an associate producer working with National Geographic on a film about dinosaurs. We are looking for a crested chameleon, Chamaeleo cristatus, to be in our film shoot in Chicago the week of January 6th. I'm wondering if anyone has a male specimen that we could rent for a few days to be on film? We just need one to be walking around a lab at the university of Chicago to film. Happy to answer any questions. Thanks so much and I look forward to seeing you soon!

Please email me at [email protected] if you have a crested and can come hang on set for a day. Thanks so much!!

I'd be very surprised if anyone has a healthy cristatus for you. What's your backup species?

Hi Sarah,

I forgot to email you back but I've come up empty, too, other than a female that is not in very good shape. An importer friend may have some coming in the new year but very unlikely to be by the 6th.

Best regards

Hi Sarah,

I forgot to email you back but I've come up empty, too, other than a female that is not in very good shape. An importer friend may have some coming in the new year but very unlikely to be by the 6th.

Best regards

I suspect the closest little "dinosaur" looking cham you might locate anywhere close to you would be a nice healthy jackson's (ie: mini Triceratops).

I suspect the closest little "dinosaur" looking cham you might locate anywhere close to you would be a nice healthy jackson's (ie: mini Triceratops).
I hoist so to, or just about anything trioceros so dermensis or Montium would work.

I have a healthy captive hatched female cristatus.

Although I am not willing to send her to Chicago, I would be willing to to maybe sell you some HD footage of her.

National geographic looking: For any chameleon with a sail

Hey all!! Thanks for your reply! We are looking for a chameleon with a sail on it's back, just like the crested chameleon...we are comparing it to the dinosaur Spinosarurs! Anyone have or know anyone that has species like this in Chicago for our shoot january 7th and 8th?!

Thanks so much! You can reach me at [email protected]

:D Although I do not have a crested chameleon I love dinosaurs! I've always wondered what it'd be like if the T-Rex had a chameleon tongue...I'm still trying to figure out how you can compare and contrast the two animals...I think a crested would have more in common with a Dimetrodon or maybe an Ouranosaurus than a Spinosaur.

Hey all!! Thanks for your reply! We are looking for a chameleon with a sail on it's back, just like the crested chameleon...we are comparing it to the dinosaur Spinosarurs! Anyone have or know anyone that has species like this in Chicago for our shoot january 7th and 8th?!

Thanks so much! You can reach me at [email protected]

I think Deevo was right... you probably would have better luck asking for a chamaeleo quadricornis. They can have pretty impressive sails. Not quite as showy as the crested, but you might have more luck finding an available quadricornis.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cha...f32QWdqIDABw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1378&bih=599

:D Although I do not have a crested chameleon I love dinosaurs! I've always wondered what it'd be like if the T-Rex had a chameleon tongue...I'm still trying to figure out how you can compare and contrast the two animals...I think a crested would have more in common with a Dimetrodon than a Spinosaur.

Dimetrodons aren't dinosaurs! :D

Here is your dinosaur... Quadzilla!

Attachments

• quadd 002.jpg
    quadd 002.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 166
  • quad gracilior 005.jpg
    quad gracilior 005.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 180

Sarah - have you looked for someone with a basilisk lizard? That might be another option.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cre...#es_sm=93&espv=210&q=basilisk+lizard&tbm=isch

Hi Sarah:

As I stated in my e-mails, I have my feelers out and will be getting back to you shortly, but as it has already been stated also, you may be hard pressed to find these types of species, as they are not very common, especially in these parts (Chicago). I have been the only person that I know of (minus one person who had a nice pair a few years ago but doubtful that they are still living) around here that has kept these particular species.

Another thought would be the quadricornis, basilisk (both mentioned above) or the sailfin dragon, which again, you would be hard pressed to find (although I have a possible lead on one nearby).

Hi Sarah:

As I stated in my e-mails, I have my feelers out and will be getting back to you shortly, but as it has already been stated also, you may be hard pressed to find these types of species, as they are not very common, especially in these parts (Chicago). I have been the only person that I know of (minus one person who had a nice pair a few years ago but doubtful that they are still living) around here that has kept these particular species.

Another thought would be the quadricornis, basilisk (both mentioned above) or the sailfin dragon, which again, you would be hard pressed to find (although I have a possible lead on one nearby).

Shedd Aquarium might have sailfins... That might be a potential contact.

you know I alway think that chameleons resamble alot dinosaurs, like veiled to parasaurolophus, cristatus to spinusauros, jacksonii to triceratops, oustaletii as t rex, haha man I am a nerd, but I hope you find your chameleon to the show,I would love to see the comparison

Sarah:

I found you a few (quality) sailfin dragons and/or basilisks that can be in Chicago at that time, if that will work. I highly doubt that you will find any chameleons that fit your description for what you are looking for.

Sending you a follow-up e-mail soon. :)

Thanks,

Julie

Back
Top Bottom