Naming with Malagasy Names.

Hello Friends,

Seeing as I have a English-Malagasy Dictionary, I am volunteering to translate a few words/names from each member that wishes it. Please only ask for translation of a few words, once per member. Be patient to receive my replies. Be sure to read through the previously asked translations to ensure there are no repeats.

Most Malagasy words are very long and hard to pronounce, so don't be disappointed if the translation is not useful. However some words will make good names, especially for species that come from Madagascar specifically, and not Mainland Africa.

All I ask for, is you to pay it forward.

Captain Awesome? Mistress Supreme?
Captain, n. kapiteny, manamboninahitra amin'ny miaramila
Supreme, adj. manam-pahefana ambony; lehibe undruna
Mistress, vehivavy tompon-trano; mpampianatra ao amin'ny sekoly sasany

Apparently there are no "Awesome" things in Madagascar. How about;
Supremacy, n. fahamboniana; hery ambonin'ny hafa
Miss, Ramatoakely
Good, adj. tsara
Great, adj. lehibe

malagasy names

i too got the idea to name my cham in malagasy hes suppose to be a fire red when hes grown so i named him "afo" which means fire in malagasy i think some of the names are cool that people come up with, makes ya wonder how they come about these names. people should post the names of there chams and tell how they came about their names.

Will, I was wondering if you could please look up vampire, I'm more specifically looking for the name of a female asanbosam. No results through the link...or anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom