Name that Panther

agem528

74730D68-8FA9-4140-A1D9-3F022480CA09.jpeg
06B7C471-9588-4897-AAC1-545293AC4211.jpeg
This guy was surrendered to our clinic yesterday. I know he is in poor condition. One of our assistants is going to try to rehab him. I want to get her as much info as possible. Can anyone tell me what type of Panther he is?

Poor little guy is so dehydrated :(. The Problem with his colors right now, is that chameleons when sick, change to a different shade of colors. I had am ambilobe that was super colorful, lots of reds, greens and blues and when he passed due to a bad parasite infection, he looked like this. So it's hard to judge based on his current condition. If you're able to rehab him and get him back into shape, you would get a better indication of his coloration and would be easier to pinpoint (somewhat) his locale.

Poor little guy is so dehydrated :(. The Problem with his colors right now, is that chameleons when sick, change to a different shade of colors. I had am ambilobe that was super colorful, lots of reds, greens and blues and when he passed due to a bad parasite infection, he looked like this. So it's hard to judge based on his current condition. If you're able to rehab him and get him back into shape, you would get a better indication of his coloration and would be easier to pinpoint (somewhat) his locale.
Ugh I know. He is in rough shape. He also has folding fractures of both femurs. He wasn’t eating and the crickets they had in his tank were eating his mealworms and hanging out on him. I’m so glad they surrendered him. Even if he doesn’t pull through, at least he won’t have to be gnawed on by crickets in his final days. I hate crickets!

+1 on the cricket hating! I'd say he is "probably" a mixed local that leans toward an Ambilobe in appearance. The reason I say this is that the pet stores don't usually deal in the less common localities such as Tamatave or Sambava as they deal in the cheapest chams they can get. Ambilobe, Ambanja, and Nosy Be being the most common he is probably a blend of one or more of those. Petstores love the breeders who pump out inexpensive crosses. They can buy cheap and sell for a tidy profit.

+1 on the cricket hating! I'd say he is "probably" a mixed local that leans toward an Ambilobe in appearance. The reason I say this is that the pet stores don't usually deal in the less common localities such as Tamatave or Sambava as they deal in the cheapest chams they can get. Ambilobe, Ambanja, and Nosy Be being the most common he is probably a blend of one or more of those. Petstores love the breeders who pump out inexpensive crosses. They can buy cheap and sell for a tidy profit.
That’s what I was thinking. Probably a cross. I do like his colors (mint/coral/red), I just haven’t seen it before. I hope he makes it.

I totally agree with the conclusions above! He is Probably a ambilobe but let's the the little guy back up to snuff and then we can possibly be more accurate! I can see that even his facial features are altered due to being in such bad shape! He looks strong and I think he will pull through nicely with the right help!

he is beautiful! inferno would suit him! he seems to have Mbd though so you want to get that treated asap! good luck

Back
Top Bottom