Name Calling??

Well....I guess I get it...but I had to google her, then youtube her, and I dont recognize her songs. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ?

At least SOMEONES IQ was raised.

Im done here. I have derailed this thread long enough, and to no avail. Lol

I'm tempted to invoke Kay Kyser's Kollege of Musical Knowledge, but I'm afraid that even predates me by a few decades...

Anyhoo, the year was 1967—The Summer of Love
One of the hottest (and IMO best) folk rock bands of the era was The Mamas & the Papas—John & Michelle Phillips, Denny Doherty, and... Mama Cass Elliot.

One of their big hits that year was the autobiographical Creeque Alley.
Yes, children, that's Mama Cass.

It was Cass Elliot's voice that MADE that group.
Here are more of their songs for sampling...

mamas & the papas songs

Must be one of those !@#$% ^& kids who think The Beatles was Paul McCartney's OLD group. ;)

Cass also put out several solo albums after the M&P broke up.
I never listened to the beatles or paul McCartney (of course I have heard the Beatles songs. But not by choice) And I would have no idea what came before or after....
I did read up a tiny on mama cass and I knew that she went solo afyer their group broke...but idk her songs. I have heard very little about the mamas and papas...but have heard that group name before....im sure my parents would know ?

Nobody should take the “sweet pea” name. She is already a famous veiled Cham with an amazing story.

That is a good point - potential confusion and competing SEO for sure, haha! But if OP isn't going to be posting online much it's a wonderful name. It just came to mind looking at her sweet face, I honestly didn't make the connection in that (uncaffeinated) moment to the Sweet Pea of chameleon community fame. :)

I never listened to the beatles or paul McCartney (of course I have heard the Beatles songs. But not by choice) And I would have no idea what came before or after....
I did read up a tiny on mama cass and I knew that she went solo afyer their group broke...but idk her songs. I have heard very little about the mamas and papas...but have heard that group name before....im sure my parents would know ?
At some point in time, I decided to acquaint myself with my parents' generation of music—hence the Kay Kyser reference (he mad a few corny movies that occasionally show up on TCM) and the other "big bands", Rosemary Clooney (George Clooney's aunt), more I can't think of ATM.

Cass had a one in a million voice. A real tragedy that she died so young. Another that was lost too soon was Karen Carpenter (who sounded a lot like Rosemary Clooney). Both worth a listen if you're ever curious.

Back
Top Bottom