Name Calling??

At some point in time, I decided to acquaint myself with my parents' generation of music—hence the Kay Kyser reference (he mad a few corny movies that occasionally show up on TCM) and the other "big bands", Rosemary Clooney (George Clooney's aunt), more I can't think of ATM.

Cass had a one in a million voice. A real tragedy that she died so young. Another that was lost too soon was Karen Carpenter (who sounded a lot like Rosemary Clooney). Both worth a listen if you're ever curious.
I listen to and enjoy just about all eras and genres of music. Our parents must have been from the same generation. Love big bands and the rat pack crooners.
How about Rosemary for a name?

I listen to and enjoy just about all eras and genres of music. Our parents must have been from the same generation. Love big bands and the rat pack crooners.
How about Rosemary for a name?
Can't say I ever developed an appreciation for the rat pack, but my mom thought they were all mobbed up. I'm a boomer, so my folks were Depression/WWII era. My band teachers in school were the same generation, so our school bands played a lot of big band tunes. I've also got a penchant for novelty songs from any era. Then there's Bluegrass... :eek:

I have a relative named Rosemary. Or did you mean for a lizard? Come to think of it, there was a passing resemblance... :rolleyes:

Can't say I ever developed an appreciation for the rat pack, but my mom thought they were all mobbed up. I'm a boomer, so my folks were Depression/WWII era. My band teachers in school were the same generation, so our school bands played a lot of big band tunes. I've also got a penchant for novelty songs from any era. Then there's Bluegrass... :eek:

I have a relative named Rosemary. Or did you mean for a lizard? Come to think of it, there was a passing resemblance... :rolleyes:
I was a change of life “oops!” so yup, parents were from same era as yours.

Back
Top Bottom