Mysterious White Spot

Acham

Established Member
A customer sent me a pic of his Panther and I am put to the task of helping him. So after a considerable amount of research I have concluded that there is no need for him to panic and that his Panther most likely has a scab due to some small injury.

Here's the info gathered:
White area does not have a bump, no seeping liquid or puss, no unusual change in eating habit, activity level, strength or weight. No sign of burns anywhere on the Panthers body, Reptisun T5HO 10.0 UVB located 8" above the basking area, heat source is the same distance and is a 65 watt bulb.

He adopted the Panther last spring and it is around 1 year old. My advice was to put a little neosporine on the area and watch for any changes in the area's size, seepage, changes in the chams activity level, eating habits, strength, weight and poop. I just don't think a trip to the vet is necessary.

What do you think??

Attachments

• White dot.jpg
    White dot.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 137
A customer sent me a pic of his Panther and I am put to the task of helping him. So after a considerable amount of research I have concluded that there is no need for him to panic and that his Panther most likely has a scab due to some small injury.

White area does not have a bump, no seeping liquid or puss, no unusual change in eating habit, activity level, strength or weight. No sign of burns anywhere on the Panthers body, Reptisun T5HO 10.0 UVB located 8" above the basking area, heat source is the same distance and is a 65 watt bulb.

He adopted the Panther last spring and it is around 1 year old. My advice was to put a little neosporine on the area and watch for any changes in the area's size, seepage, changes in the chams activity level, eating habits, strength, weight and poop. I just don't think a trip to the vet is necessary.

What do you think??
10.0 is too high for a panther. Could you get them to fill out the ask for help form and post a pic of the cham’s enclosure?

What do you think??
What did the fine people at Chameleon Central suggest it was?

I don’t think its a scab. Ive never in encountered a scab thats white like that it just seems to be part of the chameleons color/pattern, i did notice the bumps on that area do look irritated and larger then the others maybe it could just be something temporary anyone else have some opinions?

I don’t think its a scab. Ive never in encountered a scab thats white like that it just seems to be part of the chameleons color/pattern, i did notice the bumps on that area do look irritated and larger then the others maybe it could just be something temporary anyone else have some opinions?
At first glance it looked like a bump but the customer says it looks just like other skin areas. There is a pattern of larger scales mixed with smaller and its the same as the white area. There hasn't been any seepage or puss and no dark damaged spots have been found on the fella.

The main thing is I don't want this to get out of hand. Right now I don't think there is reason to panic but running this by others could change my mind.

I see no reason to panic, keep in mind that Cham puss or discharge doesn’t look like people puss. Cham puss is almost a solid, not a runny liquid like ours so your not going to see it running.

The only panther I have is still a juvenile so I can’t say I’ve seen this but I’m pretty sure panthers coloration/patterns continue to develop up to about the 2ry mark. I think that’s all this is.

Follow up - Customer treated with peroxide on Monday and here is how it looks Thursday.

Attachments

• Spot treated.jpg
    Spot treated.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom