My WC Pygmy Chameleon laid eggs this morning

purplesally

Hi!!

The largest pygmy chameleon laid eggs in the corner of the tank early this morning. She has since covered the eggs up. I can see the eggs from the side. She is still in the general proximity of the eggs. I plan on removing the eggs.

picture of 4 eggs

I have removed the eggs.

Mom still looks plump! You think there could be more??

Attachments

• 20110710 eggs laid.jpg
    20110710 eggs laid.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 238
If she covered them up without you distracting her then she is probably done. Good luck with them. I kept mine at 75 and all 5 hatched within two months I believe.

Gotta love when you find eggs. It never gets old. If she layed them while you weren't around and covered them up then she should be done. Not to worry, if she has any left she'll drop them if you normally leave them to be. Congrats on the new eggs!!

Today we are at incubation Day 65.

I have noticed some springtails in my incubation container.

Will the bugs cause the eggs any harm?

Today we are at incubation Day 65.

I have noticed some springtails in my incubation container.

Will the bugs cause the eggs any harm?

65 days? How are you staying patient?! I am at 51 days with my first clutch and I am checking the incubation container everyday, and peeking through top several times a day hoping to see sweating. So far no sweat and no shrink, but they are huge and show vessels and dark body contour when candled.

I am able to distract myself because I have tadpole's morphing and newly morphed salamanders.

Otherwise I would be on the edge of the seat.

Oh, by the way, I believe I have some that have the "windows"

My pics aren't the greatest.

The eggs have changed color, shell looks thin in one area and are soft to touch.

Attached are pics

Attachments

• IMAG0332.jpg
    IMAG0332.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 201
  • IMAG0335.jpg
    IMAG0335.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Ummm guys I do not drink nor do I use drugs.

However, one of my eggs appear to be moving!!!:eek:

I know it is early in the morning and all.

I will keep you posted.

Fortunately.....we are at day 77 and no babies.

Eggs have shown some visible changes e.g. windowing and a shattered appearance to the eggs.

The springtail culture within the incubation chamber is still developing.

Guess what???????

Eggs # 1 is hatching.

It took right at 87 days. July 10 to October 5 .:)

Happy Birthday !!!!!!

And to top it off..........I am video recording as I type. :eek:

I will take many pics.

I am so darn happy.......i will tell you why later.

Eggs # 1 is hatching.

It took right at 87 days. July 10 to October 5 .:)

Happy Birthday !!!!!!

And to top it off..........I am video recording as I type. :eek:

I will take many pics.

I am so darn happy.......i will tell you why later.

haha. you love to leave people hanging dont you? tell us asap!

it's not me that's leaving everybody......its these 4 eggs taking almost 90 days.

To be totally honest,

I started this clutch in a contolled environment at 65 degrees from 7/10 to 8/19. This was done in my living room. The summer months were extremely hot. I did not want to chance a loss

From 8/19 to 10/5 I moved the eggs upstairs to my bedroom. I performed daily checks and very few mistings. The temp during the last half was kept between 75 to 87.

The 1st eggs has jelly-like substance oozing out. I can see a pointed object right where the jelly fluid is located. The baby is pushing his/her way out of the shell. :p

Will keep you updated throughout the night.

By the way.......My real name is Felecia

it's not me that's leaving everybody......its these 4 eggs taking almost 90 days.

To be totally honest,

I started this clutch in a contolled environment at 65 degrees from 7/10 to 8/19. This was done in my living room. The summer months were extremely hot. I did not want to chance a loss

From 8/19 to 10/5 I moved the eggs upstairs to my bedroom. I performed daily checks and very few mistings. The temp during the last half was kept between 75 to 87.

The 1st eggs has jelly-like substance oozing out. I can see a pointed object right where the jelly fluid is located. The baby is pushing his/her way out of the shell. :p

Will keep you updated throughout the night.

By the way.......My real name is Felecia

oh. well Felecia thats wonderful! do keep us unpdated! Pygmy babies are just plain cute.

more activity

A point I forgot to mention earlier:

All 4 eggs have doubled in size.

No exaggeration or lie.

Today I noticed egg # 1 has a sunken area. :D

Egg # 2 has a sunken area also. :D

I have been going through my own nesting syndrome.

I believe this hatching and all is transferrable to humans. :confused:

yeah this sounds way awesome! Im really happy for you! i have a long while until i am at the stage where you are with having eggs. I just purchased my first chameleon. A male ambanja 3 month old, PlUtO. I plan on buying a female later and mate them. Im soo stoked and again im very happy for you! POST PICS!!!

Back
Top Bottom