My veiled turned brown.

Lyneeso

I put her in a cage up high in the living room about 5-6 days ago. For a living room it's a pretty low-traffic area. She turned brown 3 days ago and has been a variation of the same muddy brownish green color ever since. Is this always an indicator that something is wrong? It sure seems like it to me. Shes got a basking spot of 82-85 and the ambient temp is about 70-72. Also, she is 4 1/2 months old. she seems real skiddish ever since she went brown. Acting stressed. She has only been eating 3-4 small crickets a day since she went brown. She is constantly hiding. I have been doin my best to leave her alone but im so worried, I have been peeking in at her frequently today. It's a screen cage. The other thing is that she hasnt been sitting directly under her basking light, she goes up near it but seems as if she doesnt feel comfortable in "the open" spot under the light, instead she sits near the basking area tucked into the foliage. She is definately worrying me, she was always a bright happy green color before I moved her out there. should I put here back in the other cage she was in in my room??? Temps are the same. But could it be that she hasn't acclimated to the new cage still after a week???

You asked this yesterday, the thread is still on the Main Page. I don't think this warranted a new thread. You should have kept everything in the first one. And you still have yet to fill out the how to ask for help questionnaire.

You asked this yesterday, the thread is still on the Main Page. I don't think this warranted a new thread. You should have kept everything in the first one. And you still have yet to fill out the how to ask for help questionnaire.
Well said.

Possibly It took 3 days in the new room for something to upset it. Id put her back in the other room. A change of cage might stress her too, could be she needs time to adjust.
On the other hand, Theres a worryingly large list of potential 'whats wrongs' associated with females (typical huh? LOL) best to fill out the mega questionaire so folk can get some background, hints. :)

Back
Top Bottom