My Veiled Chameleon is very agressive how can I prevent this

Water him?
Why do you need to get him out right now??

Give him some space....feed him....water him...if you have to put your hand in the cage move slowly....let him get used to your presence without you bothering/scaring him..don't poke your finger at him or try to touch him. Let him realize that you are not going to hurt him. Once he is used to you and is more relaxed try putting an insect on your hand and slowly holding it in front of him. If he accepts that... slowly try to slide your fingers in front of his chin so he will maybe move onto your hand. One step at a time...you have to give him a feeling that you're not going to hurt him and don't scare him by fast movements.[/QUOWater him?

Not to sound like a buzz kill but your Cham might never warm up to you and then again she might. I have 4 veileds and two are cool with me.well more like tolerate me. And the other two would prefer not to see me. Just the way they are. I have had this guy since he was two months old and now he’s two yrs old. As you can see he’s not a fan of me. And probably never will be but I love him just the same

Attachments

• 5D093032-09BC-4D14-AF3E-E25F46C80825.jpeg
    5D093032-09BC-4D14-AF3E-E25F46C80825.jpeg
    330.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
I already gave you the answer in this thread...."When you put your hand around them that makes them upset and they hiss and bite"....so quit putting your hand around him!!!!!!
https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...ed-chameleon-hisses-when-i-pick-it-up.161869/

You need to let him get used to you in a non threatening way. Every time you make him hiss at you your reinforcing his fear of you. You need to make it so he trusts you.
Sorry to ask so many questions but where can I purchase the vitamins I need for my chameleon also I have a screened cage would a 60 watt ceramic heater work for my Cham thanks

Asking so many questions? That’s what this sites for. If it wasn’t for this site I don’t think my Chams would be as healthy as they are. They don’t let you know what potential problems you can face in a care sheet. But this forum can. You ask as many questions as you want and people here would be glad to answer them. I just purchase my vitamins online. As for ceramic heaters I don’t use them. If you have a good basking temp. And your house isn’t super cold then you don’t need it

Asking so many questions? That’s what this sites for. If it wasn’t for this site I don’t think my Chams would be as healthy as they are. They don’t let you know what potential problems you can face in a care sheet. But this forum can. You ask as many questions as you want and people here would be glad to answer them. I just purchase my vitamins online. As for ceramic heaters I don’t use them. If you have a good basking temp. And your house isn’t super cold then you don’t need it
K thanks but once my thermometer in the cage said 60. Degrease in the morning so I dont want it to get cold

Personally 60 would be as far as I would go for them overnight. But when morning comes they need to warm up. So do you have a basking bulb for her?

I'm sorry but I thought you said you did research before your purchase... a month you have had this and no basking light

Back
Top Bottom