My veiled chameleon hissed at me today... :"(

Here are the pictures of her and here is one of her poo.

Attachments

• kaida 8.jpg
    kaida 8.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 134
  • kaida 9.jpg
    kaida 9.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 125
  • kaida poo.jpg
    kaida poo.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 124
  • kaida 10.jpg
    kaida 10.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 113
  • kaida 11.jpg
    kaida 11.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 122
How often do you mist and how long for? The urate section of her poo is a bit orange which indicates a bit of dehydration. It is white when she is fully hydrated. Usually people will leave lights on for 12 hours a day, hopefully she has had her eyes closed just because she's a bit tired and thirsty :)

I mist 2-3 times a day and for about 1-2 minutes. I haven't seen her drink how do I get her to drink...? :(

I do use the one shot sprayer but I should get one since I have to mist my crested's and my iguana's cage as well. Also I have a dripper set up but I've never seen her use it.

Hey guys I really need help with this so I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me some advice on how to get her to drink.... :confused:

Is your bulb a spiral bulb? Compact reptiglo bulbs can make them close their eyes because they are damaging. That may also be why she was at the bottom (trying to get away from it.)

She needs way more than 10 fruit flies every day. Since she is so young, feed her as much as she will eat in 5 minutes once or twice a day.

Edit: they don't always drink in front of you, so the best way to check is to look at her poop. If she is drinking enough, her urate will be white. If it is yellow or orange she needs more water. Orange is particularly bad.

Also, if she is in a glass enclosure, be careful with totally drenching it. It is harder for water to evaporate from a glass terrarium, and this can cause respiratory infections. Make sure that the enclosure is drying out some between mistings, and the sooner she is in a screen enclosure the better! The ventilation of those is much better than glass :)

Pssh I'm not sure how the spiral bulb makes any difference so if you could explain it than that would be fantastic. Also Camigirl I'm building a screen cage so hopefully by the end of the break I'll have it finished. But if se isn't drinking how do I get er to drink? If anyone as anymore advice that would be fantastic. :)
I'll definitley let her eat as much as she wants tomorrow when she gets up. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom