My Sweet Girl Fiona Needs Your Prayers

Thank you to all that prayed for Fiona and for all the condolences. I still can’t believe she is gone. I went to her outside enclosure Thursday to get her out and it took me a minute to realize she was gone.

Thank you all once again for you kind words and condolences. It means so much to me. I’ve been having a rough time.

Fiona’s necropsy reposts came in and it wasn’t an abscess that spread nor cancer. It was two different kinds of infections called Klebsiella and Pseudomonas which are both common in chameleons and all Reptiles. Fiona’s was fast and she showed no signs of not feeling well until the day she didn’t want to eat and she was at the vets the very next morning. Dr. Doug does not know how she got the infections, what caused them or made them progress so quickly. This is very scary. He did say he didn’t think it was anything that I did. Also, Dr. Doug said these infections were not contagious p.

Here’s the nerscopy report.

A2C7E763-8AAD-418B-B42D-2711AE3AAF43.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow! So scary that it progressed so quickly. Poor girl. You will be missed. Is any of that contagious?

That's good news. I was worried it could spread. Very sorry for your loss but at least you can have some closure. Your amazing jann.

Thank you all once again for you kind words and condolences. It means so much to me. I’ve been having a rough time.

Fiona’s necropsy reposts came in and it wasn’t an abscess that spread nor cancer. It was two different kinds of infections called Klebsiella and Pseudomonas which are both common in chameleons and all Reptiles. Fiona’s was fast and she showed no signs of not feeling well until the day she didn’t want to eat and she was at the vets the very next morning. Dr. Doug does not know how she got the infections, what caused them or made them progress so quickly. This is very scary. He did say he didn’t think it was anything that I did. Also, Dr. Doug said these infections were not contagious p.

View attachment 215610
So very sorry Jan it’s not an easy thing losing a “family Member” I am certain you didn’t cause anything and someone wise once told me that there are times we just don’t get an answer. It doesn’t help a lot because we still wonder and almost convince ourselves it was our fault. But it seems to me you are an excellent keeper who has been there to help others. I even read up on your posts when we had eggs about to hatch. I am just so sad for your loss. I will continue to keep you in prayer. Hugs.

View attachment 215610
Hi I'm new to this forums and I just saw your message about your sad chameleon sorry for your lost...

That's good news. I was worried it could spread. Very sorry for your loss but at least you can have some closure. Your amazing jann.

Thank you Josh.

So very sorry Jan it’s not an easy thing losing a “family Member” I am certain you didn’t cause anything and someone wise once told me that there are times we just don’t get an answer. It doesn’t help a lot because we still wonder and almost convince ourselves it was our fault. But it seems to me you are an excellent keeper who has been there to help others. I even read up on your posts when we had eggs about to hatch. I am just so sad for your loss. I will continue to keep you in prayer. Hugs.

Thank you Kat.

Sending ♡

Thank you Char.

Do you think any preventative care would be needed with the rest of the crew? Now I'm worried sick :confused:...

I ask about this and my vets said there was no routine testing for infection until they showed a sign of illness. I guess there has to be something to culture or biopsy. They do get routine x-rays and bloodwork with their well check ups. Dr. Doug told me to keep doing what I’ve been doing, keeping them warm, hydrated and plenty of outside time. Any suggestions? I don’t know what else to do, but this has been a really rough two weeks.

Hi I'm new to this forums and I just saw your message about your sad chameleon sorry for your lost...

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom