My Rainbow Jackson Chameleon setup, is it good?

Same brand I have for calcium, with and without D3.

The T8 you are speaking of is again, a different bulb. It is less efficient than a T5, but could be ok, depending on how far the light is from the cham. You will need to replace the bulb every few months, say 6, to ensure the output of UVB stays up.

Same brand I have for calcium, with and without D3.

The T8 you are speaking of is again, a different bulb. It is less efficient than a T5, but could be ok, depending on how far the light is from the cham. You will need to replace the bulb every few months, say 6, to ensure the output of UVB stays up.
Yeah my crate is a bit too short of 24 inches wide and I feel like it would definitely be a MUCH better replacement. Thank you so much I was able to get my mom to listen, and I said I will pitch in to pay for it, anything for my cham.

Please don’t get the repticalcium with D3 because you don’t need it, instead get the reptivite with D3 I will show you pictures of mine so you can see what I mean. If you get the T5ho fixture with either the reptisun 5.0 or the Arcadia 6 % it is better for your Cham. You can get the 24 inch fixture and the 22 inch bulb because if you only have the 18 inch cage you’re going to eventually need to upgrade your cage to the 24x24x48 anyway. This is the smallest cage they recommend for Jackson’s chams. Sorry I didn’t get back to you last night but I needed to go to bed.
This is the supplements I use. Notice the calcium without D3 and the vitamins with D3.

Attachments

• 01DC6353-605C-4A55-B471-B18875843AB6.jpeg
    01DC6353-605C-4A55-B471-B18875843AB6.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 51
The next thing you need to do after you get the light and the vitamins is to get more bushier live plants because Jackson’s chams like to completely disappear in them like in the forest. It helps them feel secure and safe. It really helps elevate the humidity as well because remember, they need around 50% humidity in the daytime and 80-100%humidity at night. Usually that can be achieved through live plants and misting and even fogging at night but only if temps are below 67. I use all three methods. I have all live bushy plants that fill up my cage, I have a misting system that goes off every 2-3 hours at night for 2 minutes each time and a fogger that turns on at 1 am until 5 am. Another thing that helps is to cover 3 sides of your cage with plastic or window cling like people seal their windows with in the winter. I use a clear plastic shower curtain trimmed to size. I really recommend that you go to chameleonacademy.com and read all you can. There’s tons of great information there including a better explanation of the lights I’ve been telling you about.

Please don’t get the repticalcium with D3 because you don’t need it, instead get the reptivite with D3 I will show you pictures of mine so you can see what I mean. If you get the T5ho fixture with either the reptisun 5.0 or the Arcadia 6 % it is better for your Cham. You can get the 24 inch fixture and the 22 inch bulb because if you only have the 18 inch cage you’re going to eventually need to upgrade your cage to the 24x24x48 anyway. This is the smallest cage they recommend for Jackson’s chams. Sorry I didn’t get back to you last night but I needed to go to bed.
This is the supplements I use. Notice the calcium without D3 and the vitamins with D3.
I won't need to upgrade my cage cause I don't have a normal Jackson chameleon, I have a rainbow which stay around the same size of never even a foot.

I won't need to upgrade my cage cause I don't have a normal Jackson chameleon, I have a rainbow which stay around the same size of never even a foot.
They are very small, but I have a plan I will get your suggested supplements and but I will get the 6 inches shorter uvb bulb cuz the one you said is too big fora rainbow Jackson but if he somehow gets to large I will upgrade the cage and bulb. I think we are done here, thanks for making me much more confident about my Rainbow Jackson's enclosure. You are a life saver btw.

The next thing you need to do after you get the light and the vitamins is to get more bushier live plants because Jackson’s chams like to completely disappear in them like in the forest. It helps them feel secure and safe. It really helps elevate the humidity as well because remember, they need around 50% humidity in the daytime and 80-100%humidity at night. Usually that can be achieved through live plants and misting and even fogging at night but only if temps are below 67. I use all three methods. I have all live bushy plants that fill up my cage, I have a misting system that goes off every 2-3 hours at night for 2 minutes each time and a fogger that turns on at 1 am until 5 am. Another thing that helps is to cover 3 sides of your cage with plastic or window cling like people seal their windows with in the winter. I use a clear plastic shower curtain trimmed to size. I really recommend that you go to chameleonacademy.com and read all you can. There’s tons of great information there including a better explanation of the lights I’ve been telling you about.
I have the same(or similar) misting system! The wazoo one right?

Also my plan for more plants is to help that pothos plant in the bottom to grow up and spread throughout the enclosure.

Also props to my dad he acted like he knew what he was talking about and that my Jackson didn't need anything, but he actually surprised me with ordering the stuff you said. What a beast.

The only thing I'm getting that is against what you said is the uvb 5.0 T8 18 inch with the 19" inch fixture built for it.
That's an important distinction though. T8 is an older technology than T5. It doesn't put out as much UVB. Cancel/return the T8 and get the T5 5.0. it needs to go across the entire top of the cage. You can get slightly bigger if a longer one is cheaper (sometimes they are!) and lay it diagonally too.

That's an important distinction though. T8 is an older technology than T5. It doesn't put out as much UVB. Cancel/return the T8 and get the T5 5.0. it needs to go across the entire top of the cage. You can get slightly bigger if a longer one is cheaper (sometimes they are!) and lay it diagonally too.
Its TOO big lol

Back
Top Bottom