My Rainbow Jackson Chameleon setup, is it good?

DoomRaptor

The chameleons name is Jackson and it's based on general Stonewall Jackson and obviously the species. So I put a confederate flag(the side Stonewall was on)on his enclosure.(top left)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and welcome! What size is your cage and what lights are you using? I really can’t tell much because of the lights reflecting at the top. I would love to help you get your enclosure set up perfectly for your Cham. I have a Jackson’s Xanth named Eustis. Weird name I know but it’s what popped into my head when I first saw him.

Hi and welcome! What size is your cage and what lights are you using? I really can’t tell much because of the lights reflecting at the top. I would love to help you get your enclosure set up perfectly for your Cham. I have a Jackson’s Xanth named Eustis. Weird name I know but it’s what popped into my head when I first saw him
It's the reptisun 5.0 tropical 26w by Zoomed. I didn't get the smaller kind because I've heard they don't even provide enough uvb.

My uvb reptisun 5.0 tropical 26w by Zoomed. I didn't get the smaller kind because I've heard they don't even provide enough uvb. Also I can tell the heat lamp is fine because I've had my Jackson for around 6 months and the temps have stayed tropical. Also I am a beginner when it comes to chams but not lizards in general.

I use the arcadia6% in a T5ho fixture. I don’t even know what tropical one is. Most people here use either the reptisun 5.0 or Arcadia 6% long linear bulbs and fixtures because they give the right uvb for our chams. Is your uvb a long linear one or the short screw in one?

Can I see a picture of your lights on top of your cage? Your Cham is beautiful by the way. As far as your cage goes, I think if you could add a lot more live foliage your Cham would appreciate it more.

The temp gauges on the side of your cage are notoriously incorrect in their temp and humidity readings so you would do better with a couple digital temp and humidity units with wired probes and place one at your basking spot and one lower down in the cage. I like the govee that they sell on Amazon for around 11.00 although it doesn’t have a wired probe but can be hung in the cage. You really need one with a wired probe at your basking spot though.

You should probably check out https://chameleonacademy.com/ it’s run by Bill Strand who is a breeder of Jackson’s chams among others and there’s a lot of great info on his site about setting up a cage for a Jackson’s and how to care for them

I use the arcadia6% in a T5ho fixture. I don’t even know what tropical one is. Most people here use either the reptisun 5.0 or Arcadia 6% long linear bulbs and fixtures because they give the right uvb for our chams. Is your uvb a long linear one or the short screw in one?
A longer one, I've heard that the short ones suck

You should probably check out https://chameleonacademy.com/ it’s run by Bill Strand who is a breeder of Jackson’s chams among others and there’s a lot of great info on his site about setting up a cage for a Jackson’s and how to care for them etc.
I can tell that all my stuff is acceptable for my cham. Even the fake foliage, because I've had him for 6 months but I will replace the temp checkers. I've learned you really can't trust the big companies, I've been suspicious of how it's stayed on the EXACT SAME temp all day. Thank you so much in general though, I really want to give my awesome Cham a good life. P.S I also have fed him only crickets. He won't accept other foods really.

The temp gauges on the side of your cage are notoriously incorrect in their temp and humidity readings so you would do better with a couple digital temp and humidity units with wired probes and place one at your basking spot and one lower down in the cage. I like the govee that they sell on Amazon for around 11.00 although it doesn’t have a wired probe but can be hung in the cage. You really need one with a wired probe at your basking spot though.
I knew I couldn't trust the temp checker.

Can I see a picture of your lights on top of your cage? Your Cham is beautiful by the way. As far as your cage goes, I think if you could add a lot more live foliage your Cham would appreciate it more.
IMG_20211104_212047672.jpg

Is this image good I can provide better(sorry my CHAMera is not as good as my CHAM)

Did you know Jackson’s need to be in at least the 60s at night with high humidity in the 80s to 100%. The live plants help greatly with humidity and chams just like them better.

Back
Top Bottom