My pygmy isn't eating.please help!

ReptilexLover

Im new at chameleons, and i need help.bad.My chameleon, pashe, is very skinny.i haven't saw it eat, either.The cham will kind of "target" the crickets in its terrarium and follow them, loses interest, and climbs away. I know i am still working on the terarium, since i figured out it was insuffeceint, but i have to wait to get money.Information below.

Breed:Bearded pygmy
size: about 1 or 1 1/2 inches
Feeders: millworms and crickets
handiling: not much anymore

p.s.: i only got her 2 weeks ago, i haven't SEEN her eat, and i watch it frequently. her condition keeps deteorating.i dont know if shes on a hunger strike, im only worried.Some one please help! :(

Thanks for the advise.And 1 new update: Grip is weak when i picked it up to inspect it. It fell off my hand, but it had no injuries.Any more suggestions?:confused:

What does not handling much anymore mean? These are not chameleons you want to handle AT ALL. What are you housing her in? What are the temps? Have you offered small enough crickets?

sounds like you jumped the gun on getting this guy and now she and your wallet will have suffered, one more than the other...

Last edited:
Julirs: anymore means i handled it everyday for the first 4 days; found out it might cause stress; and stopped handling it.My temps are anywhere from 68-75 degrees in the day, and around 65 degrees at night.I have offered very small crickets to quite large one's.im keeping it in a 17x26 generic brand glass tank with a screen top.

ndugan7:She isn't suffering anymore, i fed her and she took i gave her a drink; she sems to be doing better.Im saving my money now for A ALOT better acomadations.*excuse my spelling, im speed typing*

You should stay with the very SMALL pin head ones and fruit flies.
Never offer a chameleon a cricket too big, they will attempt to eat it and can choke.
Or the cricket will attack the chameleon and can cause injuries.

Thanks for the advise.And 1 new update: Grip is weak when i picked it up to inspect it. It fell off my hand, but it had no injuries.Any more suggestions?:confused:

Sometimes if frightened or stressed they will drop like a leaf and "play dead". This *might* be what happened.

You should stay with the very SMALL pin head ones and fruit flies.
Never offer a chameleon a cricket too big, they will attempt to eat it and can choke.
Or the cricket will attack the chameleon and can cause injuries.

If this pygmy is full grown, pinheads are too small. I'm all about small feeders, but even the babies only like pinheads for awhile. Mine get 1/8" crickets, and they could probably have bigger than that. I throw in fruit flies once in awhile, but I wouldn't make it a staple for an adult. JMO of course.

lisa h: oh yippee! oh thoguht its condition was worsening cuz it fell; but i just scared it o-o;;

it statred shedding this morning!

Back
Top Bottom