My princess was neglected

R.H

I'm so angry and annoyed, my reptiles went to board at a reputable reptile place whilst we went on holiday, we were away 10 days!!
So last Tuesday in their care one of our bearded dragons died :-( , I collected my other bearded dragon and beautiful female panther lola yest, when they bought lola out her eyes were sucken. I asked questions in which I got vaigue reply, she seemed really poorly so took her to vets first thing this morning, and they put her to sleep.
I'm so cross and don't no what to do, I'm waiting on the report

I love her so much she was good girl, she was so happy when I dropped her off last Friday peeking her head through the hole in her transfer box , she was active and cheeky. To come home to something so fragile , not walking sucken eyes very very sad mummy :-(

RIP- PRINCESS LOLA, ur never be forgotten always in my heart ❤

I am so very sorry for your losses. Sleep tight Lola.

You can never be to careful with who you leave your pets with.

sorry for your loss :(

for just 10days holiday I would just leave em at home the next time and ask someone to keep an eye on lights, water and such... They can go without food easily for that time in case your replacements doesn't want to feed them...

I had a digital thermostat, thermometer, lights on and off automatically etc etc. However
I won't be getting another chameleon, my heart is broken.
I have a pic but she's looks too poorly to post it.

It's difficult as they have looked after them before and we bought them from the same place, it's really well known and reptitable place. We felt confident in them looking after !! It's heart breaking my poor princess looked awful, I feel such a horrible mum to let this happen poor girl

Last edited:
I had a digital thermostat, thermometer, lights on and off automatically etc etc. However
I won't be getting another chameleon, my heart is broken.
I have a pic but she's looks too poorly to post it.

It's difficult as they have looked after them before and we bought them from the same place, it's really well known and reptitable place. We felt confident in them looking after !! It's heart breaking my poor princess looked awful, I feel such a horrible mum to let this happen poor girl
You thought they'd be in good hands and you payed them to care for your pets properly... It's all on them!

I can't believe how someone can neglect a bearded dragon to a point that it will die in 10days time when it's your job to take care of It.
Even my mom with 0 experience took proper care of my acanthurusses when I went to indonesia for 5weeks!

I know it's crazy, we did pay for care however it don't make it right but they refunded the difference on the one that died, we're currently building a case against this place with animal welfare involved etc vertical reports etc etc.

Poor babies

I know it's crazy, we did pay for care however it don't make it right but they refunded the difference on the one that died, we're currently building a case against this place with animal welfare involved etc vertical reports etc etc.

Poor babies
good luck on that!
It will not bring your pets back but it may save someone else's pets...Or at least make em think twice about letting that happen again.

I am so sorry for your loss of Lola. this is terrible and I hope that you will win the case. rest in peace Princess Lola

Thank u all, if I can save another persons pet then iv done something right! Your right it won't bring my baby back but the care (neglect)given was unforgivable and to know I put her in that situation to suffer how she did is heart renching, the guild will live me, they couldn't care less obviously x

That's so horrible,They supposed taking good care of ur cham n the beardie,and they kill it???did they call u and let u know ahead of time before u go pick them up,I bet they didnt even ring u....that store should shut down or change into a pet cemetery,who is responsible for all this?I will demand to talk to their owner,and get the justice from them right away....shame on them!! R.I.P

No they didn't call to pre warn me :-(
Action is being taken , I'm making sure of that. The ball is rolling !!

I'm so so sorry that hurts my heart. I can't imagine trusting someone with my pets and then them neglecting them! And then to take your Panther to the vet and they put it down? So sorry....:mad:

I figured,Yes and if they on Yelp,give them a Five thumbs down so others will be warned,Lola was a victim,and the place has no hearts n decency,it should closed down long ago.

That's horrible! Sorry for your loss and the crap that they put you all through.

Definitely let others know your experience with them. That's just horrible on their part. Again I'm so sorry for your loss...

Poor babies
I wouldn't have paid them a dime and for sure would be filing a suit against them... How heartbreaking ....

You can never trust such places. Else it should be well established organisations or rehabilitation centres which would be safe haven for them.

Back
Top Bottom