My new wild-caught veiled...he shows self-awareness via the mirror test

@Kclarke02 I think she mint it as a sly joke I really don't think she mint anything by it just playing around friendly sarcasm.
Yes - it was complete sarcasm, and then I went to bed so I didn't clear that up - sorry! Just poking a little fun :)

Where in Alberta? Please don't say Fort MacMurray.

You are showing your age, JaniP ;). I don't think Canadians younger than 50 would ever call a soft drink "pop" anymore. Do they still in Alberta?

"Sorry" is the quintessential Canadianism. The Brits use it the same way. I can't stop myself from saying "sorry" even though I haven't lived in Canada for almost 25 years. "Eh" slips out once in awhile, but like a good Canadian I apologize for everything. We say sorry when someone rams into us from behind with their shopping carts. There is a really great scene in the comedy movie "Canadian Bacon" where the Americans are storming the CN tower with assault rifles while the crowd of Canadians are just peacefully standing looking up at the tower. As bodies go flying through the air after being knocked out of the way, they all apologize. It is one of John Candy's movies with all its slapstick comedy, but it really nails Canadianisms. I'm not sure Americans will get all the Canadian jokes.

One other Canadianism: vinegar on French fries. Americans look at you like you wanted to put ice cream on your french fries if you ever ask for it.

I don't work on the rigs in Fort McMurray, don't worry. I'm an NDP supporting accountant in Edmonton - so I am everything that those from Fort McMurray hate.
I'm under 50! But I have never heard any one here not call it "pop", even the elders. I have not traveled much within my own country, sadly (or anywhere, really), so I can't speak for other provinces.

Where did you live in Canada, if you don't mind me asking?

Re the sorry - I apologize for everything. Turn the corner and someone is there "sorry!" basically as a greeting - haha.
I also have a bad habit of thanking elevator and automatic doors...

We are very polite.

Last edited:
We are very polite.

Polite indeed....
There is a path beside our house and with 3 dogs (that breed) they can be quite defensive when people walk by our backyard and the dogs always bark.... I find myself saying please to them when I ask them to stop barking.. lol.. too funny...

"STOP THE BARKING...please.." o_O

Polite indeed....
There is a path beside our house and with 3 dogs (that breed) they can be quite defensive when people walk by our backyard and the dogs always bark.... I find myself saying please to them when I ask them to stop barking.. lol.. too funny...

"STOP THE BARKING...please.." o_O

I do have my moments of being viciously un-polite, though.

Like this morning when someone cut the drive through line at Timmies.

Yes - it was complete sarcasm, and then I went to bed so I didn't clear that up - sorry! Just poking a little fun :)

I don't work on the rigs in Fort McMurray, don't worry. I'm an NDP supporting accountant in Edmonton - so I am everything that those from Fort McMurray hate.
I'm under 50! But I have never heard any one here not call it "pop", even the elders. I have not traveled much within my own country, sadly (or anywhere, really), so I can't speak for other provinces.

Where did you live in Canada, if you don't mind me asking?

Re the sorry - I apologize for everything. Turn the corner and someone is there "sorry!" basically as a greeting - haha.
I also have a bad habit of thanking elevator and automatic doors...

We are very polite.

I'm a Toronto girl, born and bred. My husband is from Victoria, BC. My British mother in law (married to my French--from France--father in law) called ME the foreigner as I was from Eastern Canada. I'm in Texas now. That's been a shock! I spent a year in Victoria and hated it. Don't know if I hated it because my mother in law lived there or because it was too darn dark and dreary in the winter and there was no fall colors. She's long dead and I still hate it.

The absolutely nicest Canadians are in the Maritimes. I have never met a kinder, more friendly people. I think a lot of them moved to Alberta, which might be why I like Calgary so much.

I'm a Toronto girl, born and bred. My husband is from Victoria, BC. My British mother in law (married to my French--from France--father in law) called ME the foreigner as I was from Eastern Canada. I'm in Texas now. That's been a shock! I spent a year in Victoria and hated it. Don't know if I hated it because my mother in law lived there or because it was too darn dark and dreary in the winter and there was no fall colors. She's long dead and I still hate it.

The absolutely nicest Canadians are in the Maritimes. I have never met a kinder, more friendly people. I think a lot of them moved to Alberta, which might be why I like Calgary so much.

Yes, so many east coasters came our way! And wow - Texas would be quite a shock!! I've never been, obviously, but from what I've gathered I imagine it's the total opposite from Canada.

Calgary is such a pretty city compared to my Edmonton. I get a lot of grief for not hating on Calgary (the old Flames/Oilers rivalry still runs strong). I could wander around downtown Calgary forever.

I have spent many summers out east, P.E.I and New Brunswick (family out there) love it. Such a beautiful place to be, especially if you love to fish as I do. I have also been out west to Whistler village, so beautiful as well. I grew up working in a snowboard / skate shop and had to get out there to shred the mountains. We are lucky to live in such a beautiful country, east coast to west...

The definition of bonding.
Full Definition of bonding. 1 : the formation of a close relationship (as between a mother and child or between a person and an animal) especially through frequent or constant association.

My chameleons and I spend time together everyday. They go on walks with me and my husband, they celebrate holidays with us, they run errands with us, they hang out in the kitchen with me while I cook and clean, they go for rides, before we moved closer to their vet we went on many long trips, stayed in hotels and ate out at restaurants. That's bonding. They are a big part of our family.View attachment 161261View attachment 161262View attachment 161263View attachment 161264View attachment 161266View attachment 161267View attachment 161268View attachment 161269View attachment 161270View attachment 161271

Both your long posts with all of the pictures.... IDK how I must have missed them when you posted them, because I remember viewing this thread a couple times when it began, I just must not of followed the whole thread all the way to the end. My bad!

Wonderful pics of your little ones! I love it!

I spent four hours at work in between customers reading this entire thread. Holy arguments Batman! I needed popcorn for this one :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom