My new spectrum pygmies

c81kennedy

Just got in 6 spectrum pygmies today. Two males and four females. One was almost dead on arrival and looks like it just passed away after a few hours a second female looks pretty skinny and may not be far behind. Im keeping them separet right now each in there own quarantine set up.
spectrumpygmy022.jpg

They males seem to be in the best shape. Two of the females look gravid one looks in good shape the other looks good but was laying down in the container when I opened it. Im hoping to get at least 2 breeding pairs out of these guys. Took a few quick pics for everyone to see. First 3 2 males and a gravid female.
spectrumpygmy013.jpg

spectrumpygmy014.jpg

spectrumpygmy017.jpg

Congrats and best of luck with them!

I honestly thought about picking up a couple groups of these but after i remembered what the last cameroon shipment looked like I couldnt... Its a shame they cant move these guys faster than they do.

If you get a afternoon thunder storm where you live, might help to hydrate them by getting them out in it. Natural rainwater droplets on grass blades work wonders in the drinking dept..

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 113
If you get a afternoon thunder storm where you live, might help to hydrate them by getting them out in it. Natural rainwater droplets on grass blades work wonders in the drinking dept..

The rainwater sounds good but Its way to hot outside right now these little guys would melt.

Cool looking pygmies they're really cute goodluck with them and to bad about the female i hope the other one makes it :(

Would anyone have a good care sheet on these guys. I'm looking for specific info Iv found a lot of general info on pygmies but no good info on the spectrum's.

Oh poor babies, They are amazing little Chams. Good luck with them. Keep us updated how they are doing please,

I've bought 4 and have none. these guys didnt do well for me (3 females and 1 male) i had a male live dec to feb or somthing. all my females died within a week or two. Good luck with them, i really hope for the best. Would be awsome to see someone with some success.

I've bought 4 and have none. these guys didnt do well for me (3 females and 1 male) i had a male live dec to feb or somthing. all my females died within a week or two. Good luck with them, i really hope for the best. Would be awsome to see someone with some success.

I bought 3 breaded pygmies a few months ago. One female died the rest are doing good and have 4 hatching doing great. If the specs are like the breadies I should have at least a few survive. Im thinking about getting 4 more females just incase these dont make it.

I bought 3 breaded pygmies a few months ago. One female died the rest are doing good and have 4 hatching doing great. If the specs are like the breadies I should have at least a few survive. Im thinking about getting 4 more females just incase these dont make it.

Im jelous! wish i had some babies. lol.

Yeah that caresheet worked great for my Bearded Pygmy I was just hoping for my specific info on the spectrum's. Im not sure I would pay 75 for wild caught pygmies that more then likly will die.

Just found an egg man they are twice as long as the pygmy eggs. Does anyone know what the avarage cluch size is for spectrums.

Back
Top Bottom