My new panther!

Tiana

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Male, Blue Bar Ambilobe panther chameleon, not 100% sure on the age, got him yesterday.
Handling - Have not yet
Feeding - 12 or so crickets, some in the morning and some in the late afternoon.Crickets currently being gutloaded with commercial gutload, will be buying veggies today.
Supplements - 1 month schedule: Calcium daily, calcium with d3 every two weeks, multivitamins every two weeks (when not using d3)
Watering - Chameleon is drinking happily, misting for 20 seconds every 3 hours.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Reptibreeze with insulation on 3 sides. medium size.
Lighting - one reptiglow 2.0 UVB and one reptiglow 5.0 UVB
Temperature - measured with instant read thermometer - 71-81 ambient, basking spot at around 86. Using two 100 watt bulbs.
Humidity - Humidity is at around 45 in the time between the misting and 70 during/immediately after misting.
Plants - 2 pachira money trees and one croton.
Placement - terrarium is in the corner of a my room next to a window. about 4 feet tall including stand.
Location - California

Here's my new panther chameleon:) choosing his name is going to be really hard. He was really bright this morning, but for the most part he's either been completely dark or how he looks in the photo attached. He's eating and drinking fine and staying at the top of the cage in the basking spot. Is there any reason why he's so dark?

Attachments

• photo copy.jpg
    photo copy.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 119
Are you sure your basking spot temp is only 86 with 2 100 watt bulbs On him. How big is the actual cage, and why do you have it covered On 3 sides. I would mist longer then 30 secs. I would have 1 misting at least 2 min and the rest a round 1min.

He looks a little cold, a little skinny.

how are you measuring your temps?

why do you have two uvb bulbs?

compact?

think he might be talking about the combo of the 5.0 compact bulb and the 2.0 uva compact bulb they tell you to use them both for maximum uvb and light.... but its no good for basking

He looks a little cold, a little skinny.

how are you measuring your temps?

why do you have two uvb bulbs?

I have 2 100 watt basking bulbs because without them it is too cold. I have the three sides insulated for the same reason- before I did that the terrarium would be 66 degrees at the bottom 70 towards the middle - the basking spot was fine but the ambient temp was way too low.
His basking spot is currently at 90 degrees.

Also I am measuring the temperatures with an instant read thermometer. Currently 71-80 ambient temp.
Could his color just be a behavioral thing? He was bright end I woke up but as soon as he saw me he darkened completely.

Back
Top Bottom