My new Monsoon

I don't think a timer would work. When the power is turned back on, the unit is in it's "off" mode. So essentially, you'd have to turn it back on manually. Which defeats the whole purpose of having a timer in the first place.

My setup cycles every 6 hours. It's been set this way for a couple weeks now and I don't see any problems what so ever.

I don't think a timer would work. When the power is turned back on, the unit is in it's "off" mode. So essentially, you'd have to turn it back on manually. Which defeats the whole purpose of having a timer in the first place.

My setup cycles every 6 hours. It's been set this way for a couple weeks now and I don't see any problems what so ever.

That is what I thought it would have to be turned back on manually.

So I just purchased the Exo Terra Monsoon misting system. So far so good. The hardest part was deciding where to install the nozzles.

The system can be set to frequency (from once and hour to once a day) and duration (from 2 seconds to 2 minutes). This system can support up to 6 nozzles but they aren't available yet. The system is still quite new to the public. The box says that it can only store 1 gallon of water at a time but I can easily put two gallons in the holding tank.

I like how easy it was to put together. It's rather quiet and the nozzles spray a mist, not a squirt, like I've heard about some other systems. The programming of the intervals is a no brainer. Very easy to setup.

There were two problems I've encountered. One was that one of the nozzles was clogged with something. When I turned on the system only one nozzle was spraying. I took apart the nozzle, ran some tap water through it, and now it works just fine. The other is that the tube sitting in the holding tank seems to float. I guess I'll just have to weigh it down with something.

I'm rather pleased with the Monsoon so far. But I've only had it a day and I haven't had any experience with any other systems. So we'll see how it goes.

Oh yeah, the last picture is of my Ambanja... his name is "Boss"

is there a way to hook up an extension or something to the hose that goes into the water tank so that it goes all the way down?

is there a way to hook up an extension or something to the hose that goes into the water tank so that it goes all the way down?

I suppose u could do that if u wanted. I was going to weigh the tube down but I haven't had any problems like I thought I would with the floating tube. After some use it sank on it's own.

I just got one the other day and I must say im very happy with my purchase. its a nice mist I set for 8 times a for 30 secs and the two misters I have supplying two cages...it works great when I came home from work the cage was dry and right before my eyes it has hit a cycle and soaked the cage..awesome!!! it was plenty of water all day to hydrate my panthers and had enough time to dry out in between mistings I have the misters dead center of the top of the screen cage its a must have

I just got one the other day and I must say im very happy with my purchase. its a nice mist I set for 8 times a for 30 secs and the two misters I have supplying two cages...it works great when I came home from work the cage was dry and right before my eyes it has hit a cycle and soaked the cage..awesome!!! it was plenty of water all day to hydrate my panthers and had enough time to dry out in between mistings I have the misters dead center of the top of the screen cage its a must have

Very nice. I've since purchased the Aquazamp system. My Monsoon system went freaky on me. The timing system would turn on and wouldn't turn off. It would drain the whole tank. I'd come home with the pump running bone dry. I'd unplug it, reset it, and it'd do it again. So I just purchased a different system.

If anything, be sure to get more nozzles. I always remembered the nozzles plugging up or going from a mist to a squirt.

Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom