my new home made cage

Nice.

Do you have any build pctures? What kind of wood did you use? Are you sealing it ? How were the pieces joined? Sorry for what may be naive questions but I'd like to build something similar but have very little woodworking experiece.

Nice.

Do you have any build pctures? What kind of wood did you use? Are you sealing it ? How were the pieces joined? Sorry for what may be naive questions but I'd like to build something similar but have very little woodworking experiece.

its real easy don't need any wood work experience.just go to home depot and buy your self 6 2x2 wood,wood screws,screen,and henges.you do need a saw.

You also need a way to seal it from water...... the wood will mold and eventually rot without protection, but very well made.. I dig it..

Not bad. To seal the wood, I would use regular laytex house paint. Apply 3-4 coats to make a good water proof seal. when it dries, it will be like plastic.

Nice cage...I have a small child that would fit perfectly in there....LOL
Just kidding...

Becareful with latex pain, as it has a tendency to peel after a length of time. Also if you lumber is not fairly dry, you will want to wait before applying your paint.:eek:

If you really like the wood grain appearance you should consider a water based clear sealer which should waterproof and preserve the grain appearance. look for an exterior grade sealer.

Again nice cage.

Hope that helps.

OPI

If you want to be extra sure use spar varnish. It's a little messier (not water based) but you cages will be sea-worthy! Except for the screen (please no Polish submarine jokes):rolleyes:

If you want to be extra sure use spar varnish. It's a little messier (not water based) but you cages will be sea-worthy! Except for the screen (please no Polish submarine jokes):rolleyes:

screen door.......submarine........so....tempted........

I have good luck with spar varnish to withstand weather (water and sun). Very nice cage. It looks well built.

Back
Top Bottom