My new chameleon

repdog

Well after a long wait and decision to change, I finally have my first chameleon. He came home to me on Thursday. I'm so excited and can't believe I have waited this long. I only hope I have learned everything to keep him healthy and happy. I don't have a current photo of him as I'm waiting for him to settle in. But this is what Nick sent me before he came to me. He is from Canvas Chameleons and Nick was wonderful to work with. I have all the information I wanted and the start to an amazing scrapbook. He doesn't like to eat in front of me but has pooped everyday. Saw him eat the day I got him then finally today. Oh by the way I have a runt as well.

I still have to pick out a name but have so far come up with Blue Beauty. I do however see some named Blue already so I think I need to come up with something different.

Too cute! I actually just got a panther chameleon too, but I got mine a little over a week ago from Chimera Reptiles. I've only ever owned Jackson's, so this is my first Panther experience :) My chameleon is an Ambilobe, what locale is yours? Here is a picture of mine; he's 3 months old.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 127
The Nosy Be is the next Panther chameleon I want. Their blue is stunning! And if I had an electric blue colored Panther, I think I would name him Thunderstruck. Lol. Have fun thinking of a name!

Thunderstruck reminds me of AC/DC. But very cute for a name.

thank you carol5208. He is more beautiful than I would have thought.

Is his daddy Azul ? - He's a cute little guy and if he grows up to look like his daddy he's going to be one handsome chameleon-

Yes his daddy is Azul. Do you have a baby from him? I got a photo of my guys grandfather and wow he is just as stunning.

Congratulations!! He is adorable!! My nosy be, Pickle, came from Nick. I had an excellent experience working with him as well. Pickle is 9 months old, and his sire is Azul. :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 120
So Azul is a busy man I'm hearing. I finally got to see him eat today. Otherwise he doesn't like me close to the cage. Next week I hope to get a better photo of him. How fast do they shed when they are this young?

My Panther isn't related - but Azul has got to be the best looking Nosy Be s I've ever seen - though looking at the picture of Pickle makes me think a little ...they are both just so blue... Congratulations -

When I first got my Panther he didn't shed for a couple of weeks - and then it was almost weekly for a while- but really quick- look away for a min and there would be shed like he exploded- It's exciting as behind each new shed is more color... Mine is two now and he still seems to be changing a bit though he doesn't shed as often. He's not shy anymore but he is still cranky taking pictures -

Congrats on your new baby! He's so tiny and looks so precious and so cute. Nick and all the people at Cavanas Chameleons are awesome!

Thanks guys and yes Cavanas Chameleons is awesome to work with. Yes I'm a little nervous about how small he is.

Here is an update on my boy. One photo is him just moving around the cage and the other is him with his wonderful colors all flared up.

That's funny that you say that. Seeing this is my first one I'm so amazed at what they do and how they show it. I still after 6 weeks of having him just stare at the cage and love watching him. I put my hand in the cage to see if he would eat out of it and that is what he did. I was shocked at the color change.

Back
Top Bottom