My New Cham- Dexter

Hello all, I've always lurked on this forum before and was able to get back into the hobby of cham keeping. I recently got this boy from Kammerflage about a month ago and he is almost at 4 months now. He still seems pretty scared of me and always freaks out whenever I hand mist him and clean his home, but hopefully that will go away soon. Any advice or info I'm all ears.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Ambilobe Panther
  • Handling - Never
  • Feeding - About 10-12 dusted small crickets per day, 5-6 superstorms per week.
  • Supplements - Repashy calcium plus about once per week and repcal 0% D3 every feeding
  • Watering - Constant dripper, and hand misting twice per day 5 minutes. Have seen him regularly drink water off the leaves.
  • Fecal Description -white
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - 18' 18' 36' Screen enclosure
  • Lighting - Arcadia 6% UVB, T5 HO hood, incandescent 50w heat bulb, lights on at 0800-2000 with timer.
  • Temperature - Basking spot at 85 degrees, lowest branch in enclosure at 72, measured with a temp gun. Night time temps about 68.
  • Humidity - 50-60, using a reptifogger to help.
  • Plants - Pothos, zamioculcas, and fake leaves.
  • Placement - Corner of house, by window, no vents or fans.
  • Location - San Diego, Ca
Current Problem - No real problems. The only issue I am a little worried about is that he will go to his sleeping vine at around 5pm and stay there until the lights go out. I constantly check to make sure that he is not sleeping, and sure enough, he is just hanging down there looking around. The last pic is his usual sleeping spot.

Attachments

Clayton0520

Avid Member
Good look’n little guy, my little guy is from the Kammers too he’s about 5 months old now and still super territorial in his cage. Keep up hand feeding him and eventually he will calm down.

Top Bottom