my new cham :D

juice28

Im a new member here officially but I've been reading posts on here off and on for almost a year now. I was originally planning on a panther or male veiled but while doing my homework and trolling my local store, I was offered an amazing deal on a female veiled chameleon that I couldn't pass up. The store owner said she is about 6 months old but she's probably younger, she's pretty small maybe 5 inches and was brought in by a customer who had no idea of what she was doing. I've ordered a large reptarium so I can add the"egg box" for when that time comes . Im an avid herp and salt water aquatic guy and he said he knew she would be going to a good home if I got her so he said 180 and you can have her and the set up. She's currently in a 16x16x30 screen cage. I have a basking light, 5.0uvb the big dripper. Her temper is good and she seems very curious as to what im doing but this is day one, eats like a champ etc etc. I added some extra wood and 3 live plants(based on what I've read should be good as long as she doesn't eat too much of them. A devils ivy (pathos), an umbrella plant(Schefflera arboricola) and a dracaena. I dont have a drainage system mainly because its not really an option right now so I have a small container that catches the run off from the dripper. I included a couple pics cuz we all love pics so..for all you chameleon pro's, what do you think?

I am having a bit of trouble finding compatible indoor plants for Veiled cham's due to the fact that they are fairly big plant munchers and ive read that the umbrella plant and the devils ivy are fine and then ive read that they arent, so far shes snacked on a couple of the leaves of the umbrella plant but just two but like i said this is day one...

Attachments

• WP_000633.jpg
    WP_000633.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 95
  • WP_000636.jpg
    WP_000636.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 108
  • WP_000640.jpg
    WP_000640.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 110
  • WP_000646.jpg
    WP_000646.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 167
wow. its a super tiny world LOL as small as this place is....yup you are correct lol. i wanted the male but he sold before i could snag him, i wanted that panther but yea....price was a bit out of my range.

wow. its a super tiny world LOL as small as this place is....yup you are correct lol. i wanted the male but he sold before i could snag him, i wanted that panther but yea....price was a bit out of my range.

Nice, well she's a good looking Cham, I looked at her when she first came in. Her limbs appeared straight, eyes looked good and mouth was good. That adult male veiled down there was mine that I traded for a ambanja female.

Nice, well she's a good looking Cham, I looked at her when she first came in. Her limbs appeared straight, eyes looked good and mouth was good. That adult male veiled down there was mine that I traded for a ambanja female.

yea she looked pretty good, little notch on her tail but its still fully functional, he said her previous owner brought her in with it and didnt know how it happened...go figure lol and i was looking at the male saw him one day came back he had both and that panther came back again few days later and she was it lol.. i want a sambavas panther but i dont see them offered too much but honestly im game for any nice panther that isnt a car note payment lol

yea she looked pretty good, little notch on her tail but its still fully functional, he said her previous owner brought her in with it and didnt know how it happened...go figure lol and i was looking at the male saw him one day came back he had both and that panther came back again few days later and she was it lol.. i want a sambavas panther but i dont see them offered too much but honestly im game for any nice panther that isnt a car note payment lol

Ha yeah I got that male ambilobe as a breeder last week. There is some killer deals in the for sale section from panther from breeders on this site, sometimes they are as low as 150, and pretty much all locals. Also I've have babies for sale later this year from two different bloodlines.

yea ive seen some of the posts on here in the "classifieds" BUT..since you are much closer like down the street (everything here is down the street lol)i may just grab one from you :D

Back
Top Bottom