MY MALE CHAMELEON HAS WEIRD EGG LOOKING THINGS IN HIS CAGE

Ok not going to a vet, she laid her eggs there before she can do it again. She seems happy now just shocked as was told to was male

she need a vet ASAP! I cannot stress this enough.

the one egg in the picture looks like the shell didn’t form right since it’s yellow @Brodybreaux25 thoughts?

she also appears to be very fat still so probably has a lot of eggs left.

Last edited:
She does not look in great condition...BTW and should really go to the vet right now....immediately.
@AfroJoe666 this is a time to act quickly.

At the very least she needs a proper lay bin right now...not is a few days or even hours. You need an opaque contwiner at least 12" X 8"deep X 10" filled almost full with washed playsand that is moist enough to hold a tunnel. Dig a hole in it and place her in the container. Hopefully she will dig and lay the rest of the eggs. Do not let her see you watching her while she's digging.

Failure to act quickly is going to end in a dead chameleon almost certainly.

She does not look in great condition...BTW and should really go to the vet right now....immediately.
@AfroJoe666 this is a time to act quickly.

At the very least she needs a proper lay bin right now...not is a few days or even hours. You need an opaque contwiner at least 12" X 8"deep X 10" filled almost full with washed playsand that is moist enough to hold a tunnel. Dig a hole in it and place her in the container. Hopefully she will dig and lay the rest of the eggs. Do not let her see you watching her while she's digging.

Failure to act quickly is going to end in a dead chameleon almost certainly.
Ok I cant do anything at 10 30pm on a Thursday night, shes chillin, and has food, water and a basking area, shes stopped snapping and is now sleeping.

Ok I cant do anything at 10 30pm on a Thursday night, shes chillin, and has food, water and a basking area, shes stopped snapping and is now sleeping.
Can you take her tomorrow to a vet . If you can’t get her the help she needs you should think about re-homing to someone whom can provide for her . I do not mean to sound Negative or cruel please do not take it that way , it just seems you do not know her correct care not to say you can’t learn it , Best wishes !!.

Last edited:
AfroJoe666, I don't normally say things like this, but your attitude sucks. Why even reach out for help if you're not going to take into consideration the advice being given? It really sounds like you don't care if your chameleon dies. You're entitled to your opinions on life and how you live it, but if you're going to take into your care the welfare and well being of a living breathing creature, act with some more sense of sincere accountability. Grow up dude.

Let me see if I can explain this. Because she didn't have a laying bin she held the eggs in as long as she could. Now, some but maybe not all have forced their way out. Veiled lay large clutches. If you give her a bin tomorrow she may dig and pass the rest. If not, it is possible for them to rupture inside her and that will kill her. The back pressure of the eggs on her organs can also kill her. Start with a laying bin seriously consider veterinary intervention from there.

Sad situation. That's the care some veiled chameleons get with being so cheap. They end up being disposable as pets. Its cheaper to let it die and buy another one for $50 than it is to take it to the vet and pay several hundred dollars in vet bills.

If they were the same price as say a panther chameleon, I bet they would be better taken car of. At least I hope they would be.

Back
Top Bottom