My jackson

I am sorry I was only trying to get some solution and helping my cham.. I will delete the thread as soon as I can figure how to

no problem I meant only the uvb is on at night. I was was the shop suggested..I had never had a cham before and to be honest I am not really someone who likes to have pets, but he is such an amazing creature that I had to get him.. like I said yesterday was the first day he only ate 1 cricket.. I really dont know what happend..I've had him for 6 months he was always very active, it is so sad to see him so weak..hopefully I will be able to find a vet tomorrow and hope he lasts

im sorry but your guy needs to see a vet at this point. you have been misled by the pet shop. im going to list a basic care guide for jacksons and possible solutions but again i would take him to the vet ASAP.

1)check for parasite - this needs done asap for both chameleons. most jacksons are wildcaught.
2)correct your temps
3)correct your uvb bulb
4)give him as much misting as as you can at this point. in your water bottle get warm water from the tap and fill it up and spray. hopefully he will drink.
5)slim down on the d3. he doesnt need that much. implement a good gutload regiment.

montane species (cool and humid)

Cage:24x24x48' SCREEN cage lots of rope, vines and live plants if you can. live plants will help with the humidity. make sure you cover the soil with screen. put cage as high up in the room as you can. not near any vents, fans or windows.

Lighting: 5.0 reptisun or reptiglo linear tube (length depends on cage size)/house hold bulb for basking. the house bulb watt will depend on how far your nearest branch is from the light and your ambient room temps.
***change bulbs every 6 months.

Temps: basking temp around 78* / ambient temps 72* measure by digital guages.

Hydration: manual spray 2-5 minutes/2-3 times a day. provide a dripper.

Feeders: gutload (24 hours before feeding) with fresh veggies and fruits and once a week with sticky tongues gutload. Crickets, mealworms, superworms, silkworms, hornworms, dubai roaches, reptiworms, BB flies.

Your right they are amazing creature, best of wishes for you and your guy.
Sadly most pet stores don't know much (and even less about chameleons), your in the right place for info. No matter what try to make the changes suggested at lest for your female, and hopefully your male pulls through as well.

There should be no light on the cage at night. How is the chameleon supposed to sleep when the light is on?
The UVB light should be on during the day along with a basking light that keeps the temperature in the basking area in the low 80's. The rest of the cage should be cooler than that. What brand and type (spiral, compact, long linear, etc.) UVB light do you use?

What brand of calcium do you use?

When you give him the drops of water is it possible that he gets any in his lungs?

You said the cage is shared with a female...it could be stress from the two of them being in the same cage that it part of his problem.

Does the cage have time to dry out or is it always moist? Is the cage near a window?

You said..."can't grasp, not eating, opens the mouth like gasping for air and has a swollen eye"...you really need to get him to a vet ASAP or you will likely lose him.

Back
Top Bottom