My Information Blog

Brad Ramsey

Retired Moderator
Okay.....this is a bit premature, but......
I have started my veiled chameleon information site.
I should have most of "the basics" posts up by the end of today (only 3 right now).
Please understand that this is a completely self-serving project (tired of typing the same info over and over)...and I will be referring people to it often.
I would welcome any suggestions and help.

I've made it easy.... My signiture is the link!

-Brad

Okay.....this is a bit premature, but......
I have started my veiled chameleon information site.
I should have most of "the basics" posts up by the end of today (only 3 right now).
Please understand that this is a completely self-serving project (tired of typing the same info over and over)...and I will be referring people to it often.
I would welcome any suggestions and help.

I've made it easy.... My signiture is the link!

-Brad

great articles!

I should add:

I am keeping this site specific to my area of experience (veileds) I hope to be able to provide as complete a resource as possible for new owners of this "beginner" species.

-Brad

You could add in the feeders and how much they should eat at their different ages.You could also discuss a little about how a female will need a spot to lay eggs even if she has not been mated. Just some ideas. Good information on your site already that can answer many people's questions.

You actually already have those ideas done just no information is provided yet. When I clicked on your link it took me right to the supplement schedule.

I think you'll see it changing pretty often right now while I'm getting things put together and in order.
I am so old fashioned.....I have to map things out with pencil and paper first.....maybe it's just the style I work in:rolleyes:
I have asked a couple of senior members and a breeder to write articles for me....we'll see what comes of it.

-Brad

Great job i cant wait to see it when its complete. Brad Ramsey i was just wondering... how many chams you have? i was checking out some of you pics and it looks like just one, but looks like you could maybe feed an army. lol i hope to one day be as oranizied and set up as you. just to save money mostly. curious how does my veiled look to you? i knowyour standars are high, but i am curious. thanks

Last edited:
Ha!
I guess it's easier to have high standards when you only own one chameleon!
You would think the way I talk sometimes that I invented them. Actually, I'm just really passionate about these animals and love to see healthy specimens....which by the way, I think yours is....how old is he?
As far as having a bit of insectivore food around....populations are low right now. It's harder for me to do in the winter, and I have decided to backburner a few projects for the time being. Kitty still has plenty to eat though.
Keep up the good work with your big boy!

-Brad

Dude. I been working on a chameleon care site too, this whole past week. i got some good stuff up there. but i haven't finished it yet.

SuperRad,

I am excited to see yours.
Mine's not done either (Obviously)
I had to clean the house today, which slowed my progress down considerably.
We'll see how late I stay up tonight!:)

-Brad

Brad,
Is that the same site I chipped you about once before that you neglected a long time ago? :D Something like Raising Kitty...
You know the one that I said when I first started researching Veileds, that you got to a section about kitty hiding from you (which mine was doing at the time) and that was the last entry, left me hanging, in suspence!!!
Will you keep it going this time? lol
Just kidding mate... well done, can't wait to see the updates, will save as a favourite!!;)
Cheers
Scott.

Last edited:
Yeah...sorry to keep you hanging:)
It is the same site but will no longer be a continuing serial of my adventures with a certain chameleon.
It will be loaded with info on veileds and once it's finished, will only be updated as I get new info, or ideas and philosophies change.
I am going to work on it more later this afternoon...I am having three articles written by others ...so that will take some time.
Maybe have it all done by the end of January!
Anyway...keep checking it, and thanks for the comments!

-Brad

Feeder article is done.
Didn't really go into insect husbandry though ....I think that's going to have to be it's own article.
I hope to have the articles by the (soon to be named) other keepers by the end of the month.
Keep checking in!:D And, as always, your ideas comments and suggestions are welcome.

http://raisingkittytheveiledchameleon.blogspot.com/

-Brad

Justin,

I purchased him from a local person who only bred them for a short while.
He has become much more focused on geckos (I don't get it ;)) and doesn't do the veileds anymore.
I think he discovered it was a lot more work than he thought it was going to be.
Kitty's father was from the Kammer's and his mom was from Tyler.
I paid $50 for him. He was 5 weeks old.

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom