My habitat set-up and plans

getwitit

I wanted to use a single heat bulb for these two chams. I will put branches or vines near/under the lamp for both panthers. If I can get by with only one heating element my issue is that I need to visually separate the female's cage from the male's tree/free range. I have not done this yet because if I use one light, as seen mounted in the pic, I'll need to be creative on how I block her view of the male.

Can I got with one large metal lamp and create a visual barrier with something(i basically don't think this will work..) to heat both chams? The bulb I have right now is tooo hot (100W).
I can get another heat lamp so I can set up their basking spots separate and use 2x40W. Looking at these pics, would you recommend this? In my southern california home, my indoor temp is rarely below 67F. What wattages do you prefer against a screen cage and for the free range if I used two lamps instead of one?

Also, my BRAND NEW mister (mistking) is set up. Timing, if my lights were to be on from 7am-7pm, will be:
I was thinking mist at 9, 10, 12, 1, 3, 5, 7, 7:15. Intervals would be 30s, 1min, 2min, 4min, 4min, 4min, 5min, 4min

I may add my humidifier to run from 6:30am-3pm. I don't plan on using a dripper for either cham. I may also add a 48" vertical light fixture and put in a 6500K light or something like that..im guessing that wouldn't add to much heat if it wasn't close to the aluminum screen cage. It would be for the benefit of me(visually), the plants(growth), and the chams(all wavelengths).

This way the lighting can be:
heat bulb starts at 6:30am, 6500K bulb goes on at 7am, UVB on at 7:30, then everything would shut of in a different order. UVB at 6:30pm(11hrs on), 6500K off at 7pm, and heat bulbs off at 7:30pm.

Water puddles on my drainage pan but I think that it is OK to have stagnant water as long as there is NO soil or poop in it. Also because my mistings will be flushing that water 12 hrs a day. It means I will just have to clear debris with a towel once a week ;)
I hand feed my male and I would love to have to female hunt for crickets in here cage but I HATE when they hide and die so I just release a few when she is hungry or put whatever I'm feeding her into a "cup".

If you are curious about how something looks, tell me and I'll post another pic or two.

Attachments

• IMG_10301.jpg
    IMG_10301.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_10281.jpg
    IMG_10281.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 149
You can just place fabric on the side of her cage. Something like cotton will still let the light shine through, and allow for ventilation and heat, but will block view of the male.

Are your lights inside the cage? If so you need to move them out your cham can get burned if it's in the free range you need to make sure your cham can't get to it. 150 or even 100 watt sounds too hot.

Back
Top Bottom