My first post

Melymann

Hello everyone,
I’m new here. I had a panther chameleon as a kid and I’m considering a chameleon again. I joined tortoise forum before getting my tortoise and the information there is amazing. Thought I would try this forum. I look forward to learning all I can before making a decision.

There are over 30 species of brookesia chameleons...so it would help if we know which one you want.
I had no idea!!!

Shocked Genie GIF

Below is the most comprehensive brookesia care article that I am aware of. It is focused on brookesia thieli. However the care can be somewhat similar to B. superciliaris and therezieni. It requires a subscription to Responsible herpetoculture to read though-a great organization that does good work for reptiles and reptile keeping!

This article is pages 84-91 in the Responsible Herpetoculture Journal, Issue #5, 2022, which is now available on www.responsibleherpetoculture.com.ua for RHP members with a valid subscription to view or download.

Alternatively, for a less in-depth overview of brookesia in captivity in general, check out the chameleon academy podcast episode on brookesia (leaf chameleons). Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom