My first panther setup

Gfort04

This is my attempt at my first panther enclosure. Its 18x18x36 with both live and fake plants.
What do you think?
5a9e9y9u.jpg

Most of them are alive.
1 ficus
1 pothos
3 air pants
The only fake ones are the vines I used in the upper middle to fill space till the ficus and pothos grow a little

Looks great...you do have a good amount of live plants. If you go to my page you will see I have all live minus some fake vine at the very top. Looks good though :)

EDIT: Tons of climbing space :p

The only thing I would personally do different...is get a slightly larger main plant. Tropicals tend to grow quite slow and the plants I use are Scheflerra...great coverage and they come in different heights :)

The best plant for quick filling in, and gives you great climbing vines is a Pathos. Hang it in the middle of your hole, and it will double in size if you have it under a 6500k grow light in 2 months...:D

Nick

looks good! I'm setting up my first enclosure, same size (ReptiBreeze?), for a chameleon right now. How did you get the branches to firmly stay in place against the screen? And the plants to hang from the sides/edges? Thanks!

- O

Why is it safe to mix live with fake plants? Has it ever been recorded that a chameleon has mistaken a fake plant for a live one?

Yeah its a reptibreeze. I used thumb tacks and zipties to attach the branches and plants to the side of the cage. As far as mixing the fake plants with the live ones. The fake vines are only temporary while waiting for the pothos and ficus to grow into the space. I beleive by the time the panther would be large enough to attempt to consum the fake leaves I will have already removed them to make room

Panther's diet consist of meat, not plants...you're thinking more so Veiled and I really have yet to hear anyone having that issue. While it is better to have real plants, I do not see the harm in having some fake...i.e. for climbing or for some extra coverage.

Oh thats right, its when they have grown to maturity that they being to consume plant matter. It also depends on their species, thought veilds and panthers were the most widely known in the pet industry for eating plants though...

Oh thats right, its when they have grown to maturity that they being to consume plant matter. It also depends on their species, thought veilds and panthers were the most widely known in the pet industry for eating plants though...

I had an adult Fischer that must have struck at a cricket on a plastic leaf, and the leaf came back into the chams mouth, and lodged in his throat. I found him dead, and spotted the bright green plastic leaf back in his throat. Plastic plants
do have risks...

I had an adult Fischer that must have struck at a cricket on a plastic leaf, and the leaf came back into the chams mouth, and lodged in his throat. I found him dead, and spotted the bright green plastic leaf back in his throat. Plastic plants
do have risks...

Well damn that sucks.

Back
Top Bottom