My First Baby Bearded Pygmy Chameleon Hatch!!!

iwantone

I feel like I have been waiting forever but this afternoon one of the eggs finally hatched. Only 7 more from the first batch to go ......

You can see the 'sweaty' egg middle left.

DSC05485.jpg

Close up!

DSC05487.jpg

End of egg has cracked

DSC05489.jpg

I can see something ....

DSC05492.jpg

It's coming out

DSC05495.jpg

It's out woo hoo.

DSC05502.jpg

Let me out!

DSC05503.jpg

OMG look how tiny I am!

DSC05504.jpg

I hope you all like. :) I am so excited about these babies. The second egg is starting to sweat now so more are on the way.

PS They will not be handled unless totally necessary. The baby was on my finger as it climbed up onto it out of the tub. It is now in its new home. :)

Yay baby pygs!! Aren't they the tiniest cutest things EVER?! I miss having baby pygs. Congrats on your little ones! Let me know if you have any questions about them! Let me know if you will want to adopt out a little girl. My boys are lonely :)

Edit: nevermind since you're in the UK...

Thank you everyone, I can't wait for the next one to hatch. I will 'unfortunately' be selling them if I can raise them okay but I am in the UK. :D

good luck! may I know what your incubation time was?

please keep us updated of how many hatch and how many make it; would be appreciated :)

Thanks. Well all the eggs were together and I had found one batch that were no good just a short while before so I'll see if they all hatch around the same time.

WOW 8 eggs from one little pyg!! that poor girl.:eek: congradulations!!

I would be willing to bet that this is actually 2 clutches. All of my clutches have been 3-5 eggs and it is almost always 4 eggs....8 would be incredibly big!

Their hatch dates may give a better indication though

I would be willing to bet that this is actually 2 clutches. All of my clutches have been 3-5 eggs and it is almost always 4 eggs....8 would be incredibly big!

Their hatch dates may give a better indication though

That's what I thought although I know someone who reckons his lay that many but it does seem rather impossible for one pygmy to lay that many eggs. I know they swell but still ...

Well I'll see when they hatch and let you know ... unless the male had his wicked way with both the same day lol. :D

Back
Top Bottom