my female veiled acting weird!

katsymoon

I got my female veiled about two months ago from PetSmart.
I'm not sure about her age but I think about 4-5 months since at the moment when I got her, they (PetSmart) said they just got her too.
She's really healthy. drinks well, eats a lot, and no problem with poop...
just seems great.
She got really bigger right now.
She used to eat like 20 small crickets a day and recently started eating medium crickets. she really eats a lot.

and the weird acting started today.

(I use tropical soil substrate since the guy from PetSmart recommended it, and I just found out that people usually don't use any substrate because it might be dangerous for chams. I was going to remove all the substrate today after I got off my work.)

in the morning, my bf called me while i was at work, saying that he gave her 5 mealworms and she ate only 3 of them and covered the little bowl we used to put food with the soil substrate.

I got home and checked the cage.

I think she was digging!!! she stays at the bottom and if I look at her, she tries to climb up to the branch. I'm trying not to look at her now but I'm not really sure since I think she's not old enough to lay eggs!

When does a female cham start laying eggs?

It is really weird!!! can I still remove the soil? or just let her be alone?

Please help! I've never seen her like this!

The substrate for a female veiled to dig in needs to be about 12" deep at the least....so I would put an opaque container at least 12" deep x 12" x 8" filled with washed playsand.

The substrate for a female veiled to dig in needs to be about 12" deep at the least....so I would put an opaque container at least 12" deep x 12" x 8" filled with washed playsand.

so is she able to make eggs already?
it's late night time here so I can't get any container right now. Can I wait til tomorrow morning? =[

Does she have mustardy-yellowish splotches on her? Does she take on a dark background at any time? Does she have bright blue spots on her?

She's a little young to lay eggs but it can happen.
You can do the container tomorrow.

Post some pics, of her, we can try and tell you if she is gravid(carrying eggs)Pet smart may be wrong on the age and she may be older than you think. Still put the laying bin in there.

Back
Top Bottom