My feeder DIY Smaller than the Sunny D Bottle

Ninkylou

So I have always thought that the Sunny D bottle was a bit big and after a little while it seems the interior is rough enough for crickets and supers to walk on. A few other smaller ones I looked at were clear and that was a bit confusing for my chams. So I was making coffee the other day and realized that the creamer bottle I use was a perfect size, opaque and the inside is sooooo slick nothing could climb out. I used screen patch since its peel and stick. Its a quick build and I don't have to buy Sunny D (YUCK!)

2013-10-06 11.09.21.jpg 2013-10-06 11.09.46.jpg

Cool idea for the creamer bottle. Do you have lobster roaches? If it's slick enough for lobster roaches to not climb I'll buy half a dozen of these.

Cool idea for the creamer bottle. Do you have lobster roaches? If it's slick enough for lobster roaches to not climb I'll buy half a dozen of these.

I don't but it's very shiny and slippery. Don't know if Darigold is a PNW product, but other companies bottles are not as slick inside and were not opaque.

This is ridiculous. A search for darigold creamer on amazon yields next to nothing and on ebay it won't even search for it. It autocorrects to 'dairy'.

Now I don't know where to get this :(

This is ridiculous. A search for darigold creamer on amazon yields next to nothing and on ebay it won't even search for it. It autocorrects to 'dairy'.

Now I don't know where to get this :(

I would guess any creamer bottle would work if it was opaque. Where are you? I go through it quite often, I could always send you one! Not sure if the coffeeMate ones are transparent, but you could check. It is a perishable product and even Amazon FResh does not have it here in Seattle, I get it at the local Safeway. Look in the dairy case at some others, they might suffice.
Nancy

So I'm about to do something like this tomorrow. Have the creamer bottle almost empty :p But I was just wondering why the bottle is flipped upside down? It looked like a few other types of bottles people had them upside down as well but I just don't get why >_<

Because the poop and food scraps become waste and the screen is the false bottom so you can undo the cap and throw away the waste every other week.

Am I wrong in thinking they could just jump out? I suddenly feel this is a bit of a silly question but I thought I'd ask it anyway haha.

They probably could but I have noticed they are not really inclined to jump unless being bothered and I think the cham's tongue is so fast they don't know they are being bothered until it is too late.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom