My FedEx buddy: Keith! How lucky I am!

For those of you who do not know, I live in a very rural area, and the nearest FedEx Shipcenter/Hub is over an hours drive away. Much of the year, the drive is very difficult, whether because of road closures/delays due to poor weather, road construction, and most recently, raging CA wildfires. When I started shipping chameleons from where I live now, I started off with my chameleon shipments being picked up at my home. I noticed that on most occasions, the same guy came to my home to collect my shipment. This man showed a lot of interest in my chameleons and we soon became friends! This wonderful man is Keith! It wasn't long before we worked things out in such a way, that I would meet Keith somewhere in town at the latest time of the day possible in order for overnight shipping to still be guaranteed!

When I hand the box over to Keith I have peace of mind! I know that the chameleon will spend many less hours in the box because Keith gives me a heads up, with enough time available to quickly package the chameleon/(s) up and then to go and meet him in town! When Keith takes the box he poses for a picture, then gets in the truck with the box safely in the cabin with him where the chameleon will be in a controlled environment for a little longer!

Keith, this trubute is to you! You are a wonderful person and an example to all other people involved in shipping! If everyone could be as kind and caring as you, shipping packages in the USA would be revolutionized!

With Keith's permission I want to share some pictures! Those of you who received chameleons from me have already seen some of these pictures!

TO THE WONDERFUL MAN KEITH! YOU ARE DEEPLY APPRECIATED!!!
20180814_132514.jpg
20180813_124334.jpg

I can relate (for the first time as of today) with being far from a Fed Ex hub! I'm about an hour north of Tampa and I'll be spending the morning watching for tracking updates and worrying :coffee::wideyed:...

I wish I knew the person that was delivering to this area, but as of now I can only hope that they are as wonderful as Keith!!!

Back
Top Bottom