My Dog Red Crossed The Rainbow Bridge Yesterday 10/10/18

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
It is with much sadness and a very heavy heart to let my chameleon friends know that my sweet boy Red had to cross that bridge yesterday. It was the hardest thing we have ever had to do but it was time for him to go. Red had been with us for 17 years this months. He was 17 & 1/2 years old on Oct.1st. In June of 2010 he was diagnosed with lymphoma and had 6 months of chemo and been in remission ever since. It was multi old age problems that got him.

Red was 5 & 1/2 months old when we adopted him out of a shelter. Here he is shortly after we adopted him. He still had the puppy look.

Red_zpshx0cj9lt.jpg

RED%20001_zpsds7dcc2z.png

Red after being spoiled with us for awhile.

Red_zps4sujlljj.jpg

Red%209%20years%20old_zps5z5nh979.jpg

Red%202%20%2011_zpsxrhvehew.jpg

Red right after finishing chemo when he got his green ribbon for being a cancer survivor.

FD82E115-95CF-4F44-AFC0-3575C7695419.jpeg

Red 10 & 1/2 years old

11032012backyard247.jpg

Red on his 13th birthday

Red%2013%20years%20old%203%2029%2015%20023_zpskgycqyvd.jpg

Red always opened his own presents on his birthday and at Christmas. He loved his Christmas stocking.

Andy%20Amos%20Cooper%20and%20Red%204%204%2015%20476_zpseyy1ghpm.jpg

Christmas 2011

Christmas122511018.jpg

Christmas122511032.jpg

Red's 15th birthday.
Amos%20and%20Elwoos%204%201%2017%20160_zpsalkrmckk.jpg

Red’s 17th Birthday

05163169-FEFA-4DB9-A2E8-CE2D1A23E6E2.jpeg

Red in his Helpem Up Harness

EE857AEB-E637-4028-B9A2-8B89BBA586E0.jpeg

Red in the acupuncture room. Red had acupuncture for the past 4 months and it helped him allot until this week.

A99526A3-801A-41CE-A825-603E0AB0593A.jpeg

Sleep tight big man. You will live on in our hearts forever. ❤️

Last edited:
Sleep tight handsome boy. My girl (My bestfriend) who would be 17 too next month crossed rainbow bridge in January hope their both running free together. Thinking of you

Jann,

I am so sorry to read this :(. I am so glad I got to meet Red in person! One of my favorite memories was watching him next to Hendershot by the free range on the back of the couch :D. Of course, I always look forward to pictures of him opening his presents each year!!! I'm sure that it will be difficult for quite some time due to all the memories you and Mike have of him, but eventually those great memories will take over and replace any sadness.

Rest in Paradise Little Red Bug :love:. You will be missed!

Wow, Jann. I can’t believe I’ve known Red on these forums for over 7 years. What a sweet special boy he was! He beat all the odds for so long and lived so happily with ALL types of living creatures!
Rest In Peace and run free, Red.

Deb

Red was truly one dog in a million - he was so patient and kind around all of your chameleons and he really had a wise old soul about him. He will be missed, no doubt about it. Our hearts go out to you and Mike.

He will be missed!

Thank you for you kind comment.

Such a beautiful memorial for a beautiful dog. You gave Red the best life and he will be waiting at the end of the rainbow bridge for you and Mike. R.I.P. Red.

Thank you for your kindness Cindy. It means allot to me.

Sleep tight handsome boy. My girl (My bestfriend) who would be 17 too next month crossed rainbow bridge in January hope their both running free together. Thinking of you

I am sorry to hear about your girl. It’s so very hard to let them go. Thank you for you condolences.

Jann,

I am so sorry to read this :(. I am so glad I got to meet Red in person! One of my favorite memories was watching him next to Hendershot by the free range on the back of the couch :D. Of course, I always look forward to pictures of him opening his presents each year!!! I'm sure that it will be difficult for quite some time due to all the memories you and Mike have of him, but eventually those great memories will take over and replace any sadness.

Rest in Paradise Little Red Bug :love:. You will be missed!

Thank you so much Michael for always being there. It been the hardest thing ever. Red was always kind and gentle with the chameleons even though it took me two years to completely trust him with them.

Wow, Jann. I can’t believe I’ve known Red on these forums for over 7 years. What a sweet special boy he was! He beat all the odds for so long and lived so happily with ALL types of living creatures!
Rest In Peace and run free, Red.

Deb

Thankful Deb for your condolences, kindness and friendship over the years. This has really been a hard one.

Red was truly one dog in a million - he was so patient and kind around all of your chameleons and he really had a wise old soul about him. He will be missed, no doubt about it. Our hearts go out to you and Mike.

Thank you Michelle for your condolences. You have been a true friend over the years and always been there for me. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom