my CoeChi took a spill

gabzzy

All of a sudden I heard a loud bang and there was my CoeChi sitting on the floor, falling from the 6 ft high perch he was on in his tree house i made him put of a closet here in the house, apparently the chain snapped that held the main branch up and he fell away from the wreckage that lay plastered on the floor.
I wept, praying that no harm, nor pain, find my CoeChi at this time, nor another, ever, in this lifetime.
I am keeping a very close eye on him and have him in his little basket for the night in my bed with me.
Since this happened close to evening he just sorta looked at me and shook his head and went back to sleep after a while; while I nervously paced and feared for his well being and still do and will till I find out just how or if he was hurt at all. I pray not.
This is a wonderful site and I really enjoy all the info and feedback, lotsa great ideas and info; it's an honor to be here amoung friends with the same intereast

How is he doing? I have a Fischer's who likes to "stunt climb"...and as a result falls...he's always been okay, though it sometimes takes him a bit to get over the experience (which, I think we can all appreciate).

It seems to me you need to rethink your structure to accommodate the weight of your chameleon. I'm not at all familiar with your breed, so don't know if that's a big chameleon (mine are small and weigh almost nothing) but if chains are breaking, then the chains are being asked to support more weight than they should....

They may fall in the wild, but the ground in a jungle with leaf litter / grass / moist ground is a lot softer than most house floors.

Mine's area is about 90% covered with soft landing material (there's even a "safety net" over the receptacle for the drip) ...once we realized he would loose his grip (with only one back foot holding on to a too big branch, why would we think he could not fall?) we made sure that he had "safe landing" zones....

Back
Top Bottom