My chams sleep schedule...

ThomasFord

Sooooo Yesterday night i happened to not go to sleep, but 2 days ago i turned the light off so my chameleon did sleep when i did not. I turned the light on yesterday morning for him, he was up all day, then i pass out without turning his light of last night. Now hes been up all night, should i let him sleep all today or, idk how to fix his sleep schedule without making him stay up all day then turning his light off tonight so he can sleep on my schedule. I've never done this before, usually my mom sees his cage on so she turns it off when im asleep. Its my fault i just want to see if you guys have any ideas.

I mean the only way to fix it is leave the lights on all day or off all day. Im not sure which one is better though

In my opinion a timer on your lights is a necessity for keeping reptiles...
Sooner or later you're gonna mess up or you're going on holiday and your replacement messes up...

Either way a good timer will mess up less often than even a disciplined human. They aren't even expensive...

Sooooo Yesterday night i happened to not go to sleep, but 2 days ago i turned the light off so my chameleon did sleep when i did not. I turned the light on yesterday morning for him, he was up all day, then i pass out without turning his light of last night. Now hes been up all night, should i let him sleep all today or, idk how to fix his sleep schedule without making him stay up all day then turning his light off tonight so he can sleep on my schedule. I've never done this before, usually my mom sees his cage on so she turns it off when im asleep. Its my fault i just want to see if you guys have any ideas.
Well, if your room has windows, your cham will react to daylight and night even if your cage lights are in sync with it or not...so its best for your cham to keep to a reasonable daily pattern that follows normal daylight. It doesn't need to be exact, as humans do all sorts of odd things with daylight savings time etc. In the regions most species adapted to, daylength didn't vary all that much from season to season. Just use timers to settle him into a pattern. Chams hate change!

Back
Top Bottom