MY cham's nails are missing!!! what do i do?

Mac Daddy Smitt

So today i was looking at my cham and noticed that his front left paw was missing the two outer claws. Im shocked and to be honest a little scared, what should i go about doing? please help i love my chameleon and i dont want to impart and hardships upon him :(

There is not much you can do and unfortunately the nails are not growing back. Just inspect the paw to make sure that there are no injuries. If there are you would need to clean it. I am not sure what to use for cleaning, maybe someone else can reply. He may not be able to climb on the cage anymore, but should be OK for climbing the branches.

Does he climb on the screen a lot? Mine used to try. I was concerned about nail damage so I lined the inside with green plastic garden fencing. Others here and the screameleons do that.

yes he does climb on the screen alot it was only until today when he woke me up by falling, so immediately i inspected him for injury and when i looked at his paw i noticed this

Yep that happens. Climbing on the screen is the main cause. The green fence materal can help. I think most of all my chams nails are gone now.

check up

im in the same situation. worried. my veil's 3 back nails are missing no idea why. concerned they wont grow back or he will loose the other ones if something is wrong...even worse lead to infection.
other then that hes fine......but decided on taking him to vet which not a bad idea since hes never seen one ..want to know where he stands for overall health in general. he will turn 1 in September....so why not make sure were doing everything right and hope he gets a good bill of health. the vet specializes in exotic animals and chameleons excepted.

Back
Top Bottom